Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno Speech Recognition with RR?

Bruno voice app is cool! Check it out.

Is it possible to have global key presses in RR? Sometimes focus goes to an embedded app and then RR will not recieve the key codes until it is in focus. I know the GETFOCUS command is there but it can't be used when RR is not in focus.

---------IGNORE BELOW - MY ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED THANKS FOR YOUR HELP------------

I've tried to get RR to work with it, but it is not getting to RR:

keytbl.ini
    ------------
    4048,"PLAY"

Bruno setting
    ------------
    play=(alt)0

The manual keypress works, also Bruno recognises the commands, but it is not getting to RR.

Can the RR keycodes be made global, so that RRtraps key presses even if its not in focus? or should I ask the Bruno developer to add a line in his code to send a meggage to RR?

Why don't you use NaviVoice? It supports RR natively with no key presses
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Try doing a keypress that isn't just an ALT, I've found that XP doesn't always send the ALT to an app.

Also, RR has to have focus for it to work.

Comment

@0l33l
        I like NaviVoice a lot I've been using it. Honestly I'm a technology pimp I'll try anything out. I'm still figuring out which one to use, currently I favor Bruno for one reason: I remember that you mentioned you'd make NaviVoice commercial once it is finalised. It worries me that in a few months I'll have to pay for the full functionality and I don't know the price. I recollect you said you'd make a free community version but it wouldn't have all the features.

I appreciate the amount of effort you've put into NaviVoice and I am happy that you can make money from your work. My only worry is that I don't know the price once it is a paid version. So in a way I'm investigating the competition just in case I can't afford the commercial version.

@UK_MP3Car
        I'll try that out, maybe a CTRL-ALT-DEL will do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by ruairi
          I'll try that out, maybe a CTRL-ALT-DEL will do the trick!
          Best combination :-) Esp with Windows!

Comment

UK_MP3Car, you were right I changed them to CTRL+ALT and it works a treat! Cool stuff. I'll post my RR setting on the Bruno thread later tonight.

Comment

@0l33l
              I like NaviVoice a lot I've been using it. Honestly I'm a technology pimp I'll try anything out. I'm still figuring out which one to use, currently I favor Bruno for one reason: I remember that you mentioned you'd make NaviVoice commercial once it is finalised. It worries me that in a few months I'll have to pay for the full functionality and I don't know the price. I recollect you said you'd make a free community version but it wouldn't have all the features.
              Well, NaviVoice uses the REAL way to communicate with the applications. Like I use the DLL for communication with Map Monkey, and I use sendmessages with Road Runner. Sendkeys is a cheap way of doing things. I've been forced to use sendkeys with iGuidance because they don't offer an SDK

Yes, NaviVoice will be commerical. But that's in a while. It will not cost over $20.
              There will be a "lite" version, but it will have ALL the features that are in the current version. I don't know what's going to be different in the pay version. But the free version will exist for a while, because I'll be beta testing it for free. Also all the people who supported the free version will get a free copy of the pay version
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Thanks for the info 0l33l, that's exactly what I want to know.

I'll have to re-visit NaviVoice and send you some bug reports! It's a shame there aren't bugs to find now

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks for the info 0l33l, that's exactly what I want to know.

I'll have to re-visit NaviVoice and send you some bug reports! It's a shame there aren't bugs to find now

Cheers!
                  Yeh. Only the l33t users will need the full version

There are probably a few bugs. And its not the easiest to set up
                  But it uses the real way the programs intended to be communicated with, so they do not have to be in focus.
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Well the reason I don't use DLL's and sendmesages, is that I wanted to make my appilcation.... universal.

There is not one specific use for BSR, and I would like to keep it that way. If there is a great demand for a certain feature, I will add it, but I want to keep everything as universal as possible. As long as an application supports hotkeys, you can use BSR to control it.
                    Bruno Speech Recognition - Advanced Speech Recognition designed to control any program. Extra support for FrodoPlayer and Winamp.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkDaMonkMan
                      Well the reason I don't use DLL's and sendmesages, is that I wanted to make my appilcation.... universal.

There is not one specific use for BSR, and I would like to keep it that way. If there is a great demand for a certain feature, I will add it, but I want to keep everything as universal as possible. As long as an application supports hotkeys, you can use BSR to control it.
                      Yep

That's why NaviVoice has MACROS. Basically same thing as those in BSR.
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by FunkDaMonkMan

Maybe you can add a feature to associate commands an which window to send commands to.. so that users could tell to send this or that command to RR's window/application even when out of focus.. this is a very universal feature as I'm sure many other applications could also use that.

@ruari
                        I'm just too skeptical about grabbing global keypresses.. once you go that route all kinds of weird stuff start happening.. specially if you have any application generating keypresses in the machine (needless to say that's what BSR and NaviVoice can do).
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                          Maybe you can add a feature to associate commands an which window to send commands to.. so that users could tell to send this or that command to RR's window/application even when out of focus.. this is a very universal feature as I'm sure many other applications could also use that.

@ruari
                          I'm just too skeptical about grabbing global keypresses.. once you go that route all kinds of weird stuff start happening.. specially if you have any application generating keypresses in the machine (needless to say that's what BSR and NaviVoice can do).
                          NaviVoice can do, but I prefer that it doesn't

That's why I use the sendmessages
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                          X