Backup cam + Road runner help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup cam + Road runner help

Hey all, I have a 3com home connect USB webcam I plan to use as a backup cam. I am using Road Runner front end. For some reason, I can't get the Winamp TV plugin to reconize my camera.

In the Video tab, it sees the driver for it. Then, when I go to "Add Manually" my camera, in the "Other inputs" drop down menu, all that shows is "Default". For some reason, it's not seeing my camera. All drivers are installed correctly along with Road Runner and Winamp and plugins.

Any suggestions? Also, I don't know what "WDM" means in the FAQ on this subject. What's it mean to have a "WDM Webcam"?

Alright, for some reason. Just playing around, I opened Road Runner and hit TV and it works. Odd. Thanks anyways, guys.

Comment

WDM means "Windows Driver Model", it's the native type of drivers used by Windows 2k/XP.

Comment

You could better use frodocam!

Comment

for some reason though FrodoCam slows the frame rate from 25+ to less than 10fps @ 640x480.

Other than that and the fact it doesn't record or capture its perfect
          My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
          NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

For reverse camera I need inverted picture. How can I mirror picture from camera in RR?

Comment

not to hijack the thread, but topic is similar

does anyone know of a camera app that has no UI? just a single window for the camera video and no buttons?
              options configured through a rightclick
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by monacoo
                For reverse camera I need inverted picture. How can I mirror picture from camera in RR?
                P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Alot of cam tools have a feature to reverse the image.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                    not to hijack the thread, but topic is similar

does anyone know of a camera app that has no UI? just a single window for the camera video and no buttons?
                    options configured through a rightclick

I think you might want this

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlvideothumb2.html

Comment

Originally posted by Meelobee
                      Alot of cam tools have a feature to reverse the image.
                      I know, but what (and how) use in RR?

Comment

I know, but what (and how) use in RR?
                        I would like to know this as well...

Comment

Logitech Drivers allow you to invert the camera image ... other than that you'd need a little application... AMCAP is the simplest thing I know for camera.. and works very well, but it is menu based (not that you need to use the menu).. don't think it has "reverse image though"..
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I've installed original Logitech drivers, inverted picture and now it works perfectly with RR! Thanks

Comment

Can somone help me invert my intel? (Damn that sounds bad)

I hooked up an Intel® Deluxe PC Camera Model CS330 ( http://support.intel.com/support/cre.../CS-015592.htm )
                              And i got it to work with RR using the same TV function as JeremyM (thanx btw).

However, Intel isn't providing the drivers for this (plug n play only) So is there a 3rd party i can use to invert the image?
                              Jackdaws Love My Big Sphinx Of Quartz

Comment

Working...
                              X