Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a command to return to the default music folder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a command to return to the default music folder?

I've been playing with the Audio Browse skin and have a lot of MP3s in many folders.

Is there a way to return to the default music folder without having to navigate back up through the folders?

Press and hold the "BROWSE" button .. or execute "!BROWSE" (this is a "GO HOME" feature)
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thank Guino, I should have done a proper search before asking, I found it in the FAQ after submitting the question. But I didn't know about "!BROWSE", cheers!

Are there other commands with ! I know of !SELECT+ and now !BROWSE are there others?

Comment

All the "!" does is set the command to execute as if you press and hold a button.. any command that has a different function when press and hold can be executed like that.. the ones that don't will simply execute normally.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Ah, I never knew that, will hopefully help me as I'm trying to redo the Audio player and Audio Browser skins.

Comment

There isn't a chance that the following commands could be grouped in to a click and click-hold sequence. The reason I ask is because the audio browser skin has a lot of buttons and these four groupings would be a logical choise to use the hold functionality.

"SELDL||PGUP" and "SELDL||GOTOFIRST"
            "SELDL||PGDOWN" and "SELDL||GOTOLAST"
            "SELPL||PGUP" and "SELPL||GOTOFIRST"
            "SELPL||PGDOWN" and "SELPL||GOTOLAST"

In other words, if I click the dir pgdown it pages down if I hold it the dir list goes to last. Same with the others. Have a look at my audio browser skin to see how busy it is!

What do you think about grouping these commands?

Comment

Originally posted by ruairi
              There isn't a chance that the following commands could be grouped in to a click and click-hold sequence. The reason I ask is because the audio browser skin has a lot of buttons and these four groupings would be a logical choise to use the hold functionality.
              "SELDL||PGUP" and "SELDL||GOTOFIRST"
              "SELDL||PGDOWN" and "SELDL||GOTOLAST"
              "SELPL||PGUP" and "SELPL||GOTOFIRST"
              "SELPL||PGDOWN" and "SELPL||GOTOLAST"
              In other words, if I click the dir pgdown it pages down if I hold it the dir list goes to last. Same with the others. Have a look at my audio browser skin to see how busy it is!
              What do you think about grouping these commands?
              People Ask features, I make them.. but it's impossible to fit all in a single screen -- I imgined people would group functions "alike" together in menus (never happened)..

anyway, the problem is that people with large file lists, will complain.. PGUP/DOWN are supposed to be repeatedly executed when holding them (as a fast scroll). I can at most, make it so that press and hold GOTOLAST/GOTOFIRST will act as PGUP/PGDOWN, but any other way this would interfere with the way the commands are supposed to work.

I could make two extra commands like: PGUPEX and PGDOWNEX to perform exactly what you want, but it would still be awkward (compared to normal operation) in my opinion.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

newbie question.... what does !SELECT+ do? thanks
                '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Guino, I forgot about the scroll in page down/up for multiple pages. I'll drop the idea ad keep them seperate.

Cheers for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
                    newbie question.... what does !SELECT+ do? thanks
                    The same as Select+ except that it stays in the Browser window.. you can do it by press and holding the select+ button too..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                    X