Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police mode.!

First of all.!
    I am VERY sorry if this have already been mentioned..!

Then the Ider..!

would it be possible to use 3 skins..!

Day mode
    night mode
    police mode

day and night mode, nothing new there.!

the police mode:
    if the Cops pull you over, or (i dont know how it is in other countries, but in Denmark, our cars is being diagnosed every 2 years, to see if everything is allright on the car, and that would include the CarPc, cause in denmark were not allowed to have the capababilty to watch movies when we drive)
    so the ider is, in police mode, the Video parts is off.!
    so only the GPS, MP3, and Phonecontrol, and ETC, is working.
    should'nt it be possible just not include it in the skins..?
    i meen, if the video is'nt made in the skin, you can't watch video right..?

so guino, would it be possible to add a 3 skin feature to roadrunner.?

i hope i make sense..!

and guino, really great WORK..!
    Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Via Epia MII 12000 \\ 512 Mb Ram \\ 200 GB Western Digital \\ PCmcia asus wi-fi
    Xenarc 7" Touchscreen \\ Usb Bluetooth \\ Carnetix P-1280

det tror jeg ikke

Comment

Why don't you just use the gamma control for night/day and create a new police skin of your own. The idea you come with isn't so bad. It give me something new to think about.
      Via Epia M1000
      512MB RAM
      120MB IBM Hard drive
      Netgear MA111
      Lilliput 8" Touchscreen

http://www.clarre.com/carcomputer.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Clarre
        Why don't you just use the gamma control for night/day and create a new police skin of your own. The idea you come with isn't so bad. It give me something new to think about.
        i wont to keep the day and night mode (using the gammacontrol circuit)
        and it would be very easy just to make a new "circuit" to push a "policecontact" that goes in another parrallel port pin, so when the pin is high, you cant see video's

NOKIALKATEL:
        hvad tror du ikke, og skriv p engelsk, kunne vre nogle af de engelske brugere fandt dine ord interessante..!
        Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Comment

Why not just edit the skin to remove the DVD controls or have a separate set of skins without the DVD stuff and change it in appearance when needed.

Comment

I think the police is right in this case. In the beginning I also watched movies while driving but it only takes a second to get on the other side of the road.
            Therefore I want a check that if the car moves (gps) It's impossible to watch movies.
            Of course this must be disabled in a (hidden) menu?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingPlaza
              I think the police is right in this case. In the beginning I also watched movies while driving but it only takes a second to get on the other side of the road.
              Therefore I want a check that if the car moves (gps) It's impossible to watch movies.
              Of course this must be disabled in a (hidden) menu?

hehe, of course you dont watch movies while you drive..!
              but what if the passenger would want to watch..?
              when its all finished, all setup a extra monitor for the roof, so when the car is moving, the screen automatic moves to the passenger, so the driver wornt be able to watch movies while driving, but for now, i just wont a temp. solution..!
              Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Comment

You do know, a cop is watching your hands once he is behind you, even before he pulls you over. You flipping switches or reachin around is gonna arouse a lot of suspicion, and get the police very jumpy.
                -Drew Taylor
                2000 Grand Am GT PC

Comment

I really like the idea of video disabled if gps detects movement.

Comment

Originally posted by cavramair
                    You do know, a cop is watching your hands once he is behind you, even before he pulls you over. You flipping switches or reachin around is gonna arouse a lot of suspicion, and get the police very jumpy.
                    How can a cop see what you are doing with steering controls and stuff near the steering wheel?? Do your police have x-ray vision?

Comment

the switch could be at the handbrake...
                      or at the turning switch, to lower suspicion.

and instead of a GPS movement sensor (what about under a tunnel) you could just use the handbrake switch..!
                      when the handbrake is pulled, you may use the video funktion, if not, you cant.!
                      Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Comment

This would be best written as a plugin to RR I think or as a systray application that monitors the pins of the parallel port or serial port, which either enables the DVD or disables it depending on the input.

Failing that, have the DVD function a hidden button on a skin and just trust yourself not to watch a video whilst moving!

Comment

What about, instead of using the sensors to monitor the temperatures, you incorporate a new kind of sensor. A sensor that detects smell. Have it set so that if it detects donuts or BACON, the carputer turns off any videos.

LoL

Cops, come and try to snatch my crops, these PIGS wanna blow my house dooown....
                          www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

i don't get it can't u just switch to the main menu via remote or go to the audio player? just don't show the video playing when he walks up to the car...

i have a switch that goes from carpc to stock nav by the cig lighter, so i just hit that and my windows are all tinted so no one can see ish from the outside.
                            Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Just make yourself a skin, open the skin browser and switch to it when taking the car to be examined. If a cop stops you just leave it in the audio player/radio or any screen that isnt' the video player ...
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                              X