FM tuners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM tuners

Can anyone suggest a good FM reciver to use with RR? All the ones I have found are TV/RADIO combos. I can't use an internal PCI one as the case I use doesn't allow one, and USB TVs are rubbish from what I have seen. All I want is a simple USB radio tuner, even if it has to plug into the line-in!

Just wondering what you guys all use?

Don't know if you've been lurking around the hardware section...but they are working on a radio board, it comming along very nicely...

Here, just check out this thread...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40612
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I'm currently using the D-Link DRU 100 wired into my stock aerial.

It's OK but it's not amazing.
      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

The griffin radioshark is also OK but not amazing. Forget about am but fm comes in, and is listen-able. It seems to be constantly adjusting itself, if it gets fuzzy the software reacts and cleans it up, but it happens quite often so its a bit annoying.

Comment

the d-link is fm only.... I have the hauppauge which is tv/fm and I found tv to be actually useable on some channels in the city in movement! WOW...
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

In Europe, I recommend the Cinergy 600.. just finished integrading "direct" support for it including RDS.. Should work well for both TV and Radio.. For elsewhere, it's hard to tell.. Now USB is a hard solution .. there not many good options.. I'll be implementing direct support for the WinTV cards (which supposedly should work with the USB versions).. but I only have the PCI version to try with -- hopefully I'll be working on this later today.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
              In Europe, I recommend the Cinergy 600.. just finished integrading "direct" support for it including RDS.. Should work well for both TV and Radio.. For elsewhere, it's hard to tell.. Now USB is a hard solution .. there not many good options.. I'll be implementing direct support for the WinTV cards (which supposedly should work with the USB versions).. but I only have the PCI version to try with -- hopefully I'll be working on this later today.
              OOOOOhhhhh Goodie... I'm looking forward to playing with this. It'll be nice to have it directly supported.... You are talking the Hauppauge WinTV correct... like the WinTV GO-TVFM???

Comment

Good, RDS support it's ok
                Only one small problem to PCI card solution:little space to adapt in "carputer solution" the PCI card with the EPIA MB.
                Yes, exist the PCI adapter posted above, but my carputer and systematized all in a small space
                However good thing to implement the RDS in the Cinergy with RR!

Thanks Guino.

EDIT:have see my PM for you ?

Mauri

Comment

@mauri: haven't got anything..

Here's a prototype for the WinTV... This is just a control application I'll make RR control... I'd like users of WinTVFM (PCI and USB) to report how it works on their system...

You may have to register the OCX file using:

regsvr32 hcwWintv.ocx

The speed of seek/tuning is limited by the Crappy OCX that doesn't seem to ever disable the VIDEO controls while using the radio.

Let me know..
                  Attached Files
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I'm going to test this out right now...

Just a question though, could you consider when you do the TV part, possibly adding a screen for rear-view camera? Basically this screen would be a TV feed on a specific channel (configurable) since the wintv treats the video input as a channel configurable through the interface, and this way we can have a screen that is quicker loading than normal TV, and can be quickly switched to without stopping music or anything...
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Ok, it works, but scanning just goes from the min frequency to the max frequency... doesnt seem to stop, but maybe my reception is too weak for it to stop? Can you lower tolerance? it seems when there is a 25 next to eh seek button that it is not in range, and 50 is around 1 or 2 freq steps up or down from an existing station...

but in terms of control it seems to work!

Congrats!
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

see this OCX is such a load... I was getting signals like you are now.. 25=nothin and 50=signal .. then I unplugged the TV Card, plugged the Cinergy in, unplugged cinergy and plugged the Wintv again .. and now my signal works from 25=nothing, to 50=some noise, 75=some signal and 100=perfect signal.. can you verify you have the latest winTv drivers ?? I'm going to say that I've seen this OCX do so much weird stuff that I wonder if I really want to release something that will be so problematic for the users..

Regarding rearview.. Why don't you use the AMCAP/AVICAP applications that come with the WinTV ? they both are capable of displaying your camera view... just make a skin file like "cam.skin" and use the load command to load it embbeded without stopping the music.. this way, you can still use the TV function for actuall TV stuff.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                          @mauri: haven't got anything....

@Guino
                          Read you home personal mail, my message

Mauri

Comment

Is there anything out there that will just give me just FM? I'm starting my build and am still pretty flexible, but I can't find anything that's just FM and preferrably USB instead of PCI.

Comment

try the radioshark. It works reasonably.

Comment

Working...
                              X