Radio Shark with RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Shark with RR

Has anyone been able to get the RadioShark to work with Road Runner? I was able to embed it under the apps section but would rather be able to access it as the Radio from main menu. Now if someone was able to get this to work under radiator than I would be all set (so if anyone has please let me know) or otherwise let me know how I can hit the radio button from main menu and have it launch RadioShark.

Thanks

How did you embed it in the apps? I can't seem to get the right window class. Also how does it go with exiting and restarting, since the radioshark app just minimises itself to the system tray when you shut down!?

Comment

You just need to change the command "RADIO" in menu.skin to "LOAD;EXTERNAL_DVD.SKIN;C:\RadioShark\RadioShark.e xe;RadioShark Window Title".. you can (and should probably) make a specific .skin file to embed your application.

To figure out what window title to use, just look it up with winspector spy.. there's a FAQ on how to do it..
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Yeah, I've used winspector spy, and it tells me the window class is #32770 or something of the like (at work at the moment, don't have winspector or radioshark installed ). There seem to be a few programs that report that number as the class.

I've asked Griffin about an SDK, and they have said that it was coming. Who knows when though.

The software does some really strange things for a windows app. When you hit the X to close it, as I mentioned above, it minimises to the system tray. Then you have to click the tray icon to start it up again - if you try and run the exe again, a messagebox pops up telling you it is already running. You'd think they could at least restore the currently running instance.

And while I'm whinging, it also does funny things when you try to move the window. If you move your mouse too fast so that it moves faster than the window, the window gets left behind. Very annoying.

Comment

OK, so I've managed to get the Radioshark to embed, but it does some funky things with screen refreshes. Here's a couple of screen shots (This is just using the app screen, I haven't made a skin for it)

shark2: Just launched, all looks good
          shark1: move the mouse over some controls. hmm..
          shark3: try and drag the title bar - RR resizes window, but shark still thinks it has full control. Yuk!

Any ideas?
          Attached Files

Comment

How does radio shark work for you guys, have you added any antenna bosting devices, i want your feed back because i have Radio shark but i havent used it outside of my house yet because im still working on my installation.
            Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
            Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.

CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

Comment

I have a contact at Griffin that I had been talking to at one point before. He had told me a couple of months ago "We are working on an SDK. Ping me back in about a week or so." .. I had not taken him up on the offer until now. I just sent him another email, so I'll see if there's anything new. I had the impression that I was talking to a real person, not a marketing or customer service droid here, so hopefully we'll get at least some hardware docs out of the deal.. I'd like to use the radioshark also.. Or maybe we can just get radiator to support it if they get the SDK going.
              MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
              See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
              Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
              Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
              BMW I-Bus Integration
              My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

I just got an email from Griffin yesterday announcing the beta release of v2.0 of the software (The Mac version...) However, when I contacted them a few weeks ago they indicated that an SDK for the PC was on the way and would be release after the Mac v2.0 release. So it might not be that far away!

Comment

hmm I have a radio shark and I'm trying the same thing. From my experiance so far... it seems to do your image "2" when I first load it... if I leave it running and come back to it later, I will see either "1" or "3"... usually 3. What exactly did u do to make it stay a "2"?

I also sent u a PM about it...
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/dapcwiz | http://www.dapcwiz.com

Comment

Originally posted by froop
                    OK, so I've managed to get the Radioshark to embed, but it does some funky things with screen refreshes. Here's a couple of screen shots (This is just using the app screen, I haven't made a skin for it)
                    shark2: Just launched, all looks good
                    shark1: move the mouse over some controls. hmm..
                    shark3: try and drag the title bar - RR resizes window, but shark still thinks it has full control. Yuk!
                    Any ideas?
                    You should probably make a special screen to embed the application into. You should set the application area to the same original size of the window so it isn't resized impropperly. This is typically necessary only when the application is badly written to where it doesn't resize the controls when resizing its window. Have said that, I'd recommend getting a cheap-O WinTV FM card before ever thinking of using that application embbeded... but if you can use Radiator with it (Can't you ?), then it should most likely be decent..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Its funny, I was just working on the same thing when I came across a problem and checked to see if there was a discussion about radio shark already.

Unfortunately radiator does not support it yet and there is still no SDK that I can find. I really like the tuner though for two main reasons: USB audio (no seperate line-in) and AM. Hopefully radiator will support it in the future.

I have done what guino suggested. I made a seperate skin and embedded the program into it. The app looks really messed up if you don't make the dimensions right because it will stretch the background but not the buttons, which is what you see in some of the previous posts. The dimensions are 370x226

This is what it looks like:

My problem is this though... when I click on my tuner button it pauses my MP3 and starts the radio. But when I want to go back I can't stop radioshark, so I hear both MP3 and radio playing at the same time. Is there a way to pause it or to unload radioshark until the tuner button is hit again?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Sorry, I was too quick to jump the gun. I just added: "CLOSEWINDOW;Radio" to all the buttons leaving the screen

Comment

Do you mind posting the ini you used on this radioshark screen now that you have it working pretty well so that we can model our own after it? TIA
                          MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                          See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                          Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                          Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                          BMW I-Bus Integration
                          My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

maiwand, you can try adding "CLOSE||" to your Audio/DVD buttons. For example, change "AUDIO" to "CLOSE||AUDIO".

Edit: Just saw that you already found the solution.
                            iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                            CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by gork
                              Do you mind posting the ini you used on this radioshark screen now that you have it working pretty well so that we can model our own after it? TIA
                              Yeah... I'll post the ini file, but the important part isn't in the INI actually, its the button that calls the skin that radio shark is in. My code from the main screen looks like this:

Code:
                              BTUNER,0,116,142,74,"LOAD;Radio_Player.SKIN;Tuner;C:\Program Files\Griffin Technology\radioSHARK\radioSHARK.exe;Radio:,"Tuner"
                              The tuner skin's INI file is below. I not saying this is the best way by any means, but its working for me:

Code:
                              MEDIACAR Skin
                              MEDIACAR Radio_Player Skin
                              Radio_Off.jpg,Radio_Off.jpg,Radio_On.jpg,Radio_Down.jpg

/, A, x, y, w, h, color;RGB
                              A,217,103,370,226,

/, B, x, y, w, h, Command;COMMANDCODES, Tooltip
                              B01,0,41,161,75,"AUDIO||Setlabel;!PlayerLabel;             MP3/CD Player||CLOSEWINDOW;Radio:",
                              B02,0,116,142,74,"MAIN||CLOSEWINDOW;Radio:",
                              B03,0,190,130,73,,,
                              B04,0,263,127,74,,,
                              B05,0,337,128,78,,,
                              B06,642,41,158,74,,,
                              B07,662,115,138,73,"CLOSEWINDOW;Radio:||LOAD;settings.SKIN;radio;C:\radio.exe;Head Unit Simulator,"Radio"
                              B08,675,188,125,75,,,
                              B09,677,263,123,75,,,
                              B10,677,338,123,75,,,
                              BVol-,0,438,79,41,"VOL-","Volume Down"
                              BVol+,79,438,77,41,"VOL+","Volume Up"
                              BPrev,214,422,81,57,"PREV","Previous",
                              BEject,295,422,65,57,"EJECT","Eject"
                              BPlay,360,422,80,57,"PLAY","Play"
                              BStop,440,422,66,57,"STOP","Stop",
                              BNext,506,422,77,57,"NEXT","Next",
                              BDimmer,720,437,82,42,"GAMMA","Dimmer"
                              LSongInfo,215,382,366,24,255,255,255,13,"Century Gothic:B","TAGARTIST||= - ||TAGTITLE||= - ||TAGALBUM","SCROLL-CENTER"
                              STrackPos,215,407,366,10,228,423,390,15,H,01,"pointer1.gif",7,"SONGPOS","Song Position"
                              LDate,1,2,143,20,255,255,255,14,"Century Gothic:B","TODAY","CENTER",,
                              LTime,653,2,144,20,255,255,255,14,"Century Gothic:B","TIME","CENTER",
                              LStatus,125,407,64,16,255,255,255,11,"Century Gothic:B","STATUS","CENTER"
                              LCurrent,611,386,58,16,255,255,255,11,"Century Gothic:B","CURRENTTRACKTIME","CENTER"
                              LTime,611,406,58,16,255,255,255,11,"Century Gothic:B","TRACKTIME","CENTER"
                              LVolume,71,420,35,17,70,70,70,11,"BankGothic Lt BT","VOLUME","CENTER"
                              IMute,644,437,76,15,"MASTERMUTE:b"
                              IMute,644,452,19,27,"MASTERMUTE:b",
                              IMute,700,452,20,27,"MASTERMUTE:b"
                              BMute,644,437,76,42,"MUTE","Mute"
                              IRepeat,123,380,33,34,"REPEAT"
                              IShuffle,156,380,33,34,"SHUFFLE"

END

Comment

Working...
                              X