2 Embedding Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Embedding Questions

1. I got Topo 5 embedded into RR. But when I click on the Topo 5 area I lose the bar along the top to go back to the RR menu. I have to click the RR box on the bottom taskbar to get the menu to reappear to exit the GPS screen. Is there a way to keep the RR menu on top while using the GPS program?

2. I am trying to embed my Divx Player. I found the window name using Winspector (the name is QWidget). I made the folder and created the .ini. When I launch the player it ends up like the first pic, not using the full screen. I tried a ! in front of the name and it looks like the second pic. Any way to get it to embed more like a full screen app?

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Spent so far: $1,755
    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.
    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Out of curiousity, why don't you just use the built in player for your Divx?
    Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
    512mb DDR333
    Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

The symptons youre having are typical of when the application really isn't embbeded.. the second screen you showed looks like your 'A' definition on the launch screen is incomplete and could be the source of all issues..

I strongly recommend NOT having the DIVX player installed as it has been reported that it causes playback issues in the built-in divx player in RR.

The second pic shows that it looks liek another window (not the DIVX player) is being embbeded.. you probably need to specify more details to find the right window.. the format should be: !<CLASS NAME>!<WINDOW TITLE> ... some windows have names that are "too commom" and thus are highly difficult to embed.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino. Will have another go at it.

@ddog: I will be using headrest monitors also and am setting it up so that what I play on the divx player goes to the headrests for my kids to watch, and then I am still able to use the front screen to play music or a different movie.
        CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
        Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Ok, I got the Divx player working a little better. But what about the first question... still can't keep the menu bar on top with the GPS running.

EDIT: Got closer on the GPS problem. Now I have it embedded so that the RR menu stays on top. But now the windows task bar displays along the bottom of the screen when I touch in the GPS area. This blocks some of the GPS buttons that are now "under" the taskbar. When I touch in the RR menu area the taskbar dissappears, but anytime I start to use the GPS program it comes back again.
          Any suggestions?
          Thanks.
          Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Hmm, have you tried embedding WMP?
            Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
            512mb DDR333
            Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by edrex
              Ok, I got the Divx player working a little better. But what about the first question... still can't keep the menu bar on top with the GPS running.
              EDIT: Got closer on the GPS problem. Now I have it embedded so that the RR menu stays on top. But now the windows task bar displays along the bottom of the screen when I touch in the GPS area. This blocks some of the GPS buttons that are now "under" the taskbar. When I touch in the RR menu area the taskbar dissappears, but anytime I start to use the GPS program it comes back again.
              Any suggestions?
              Thanks.
              Go in RRConfig and set "Hide TaskBar" ... Taskbar will display again on close/minimize of RR.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino!!
                Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Working...
                X