Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinergy radio config in RR Config ?

Hi,

can anybody give me a step by step explanation to configure the Cinergy 600 Radio with RR (so not D-Link or Radiator)

I've read the FAQ but that does not help me (what should I put in the radiator path, if anything?, ...)

Thanx
    Pike

Audi A6
    Via Epia MII1000 512MB / 40GB
    In Dash touchscreen 7"
    Bluetooth / WiFi / GPS / Internet / Radio TV /
    Phone Control / DVD / CD / MP3 / OBD II /
    Internal cam (to watch the kids on the backseat)

Installing Road Runner FrontEnd now.

download the new files for radiator, or run rr updater.
    Mercedes A Class 170 CDI
    Carputer Progress:
    [X---------] 10%

Comment

Radiator is NOT needed. Just select Cinergy on RRConfig, and run register.bat .. nothing else is required. Theres a readme on the cinergy folder as my release post stated..
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

thanx for the advice

I did all that (RRUpdater, register.bat) but now i see the Cinergy option is grayed out in RRConfig

The Terratec radio application works fine

what did i do wrong?
        Pike

Audi A6
        In Dash touchscreen 7"

Comment

The RRCTV.EXE file MUST be in a Cinergy\ subfolder of your RR directory.. it also MUST be the one I posted with the release 5-12 of RR.. if the folder/file is not there, RRConfig will prevent you from choosing that option.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

@guino: rrctv.exe is in cinergy directory and is the one posted with the release of 5-12

I forgot to mention, I use the mmi skin, maybe this has something to do with it ?
            Pike

Audi A6
            In Dash touchscreen 7"

Comment

maybe OT but... I was thinking about purchase this cinergy 600, can someone tell me FOR SURE if the RDS function works even with 3rd part applications like radiator? I'll buy it ONLY for RDS function and I really need radiator AND rds working properly

EDIT

for RDS I mean auto tuning when the reception is not precise, I don't care about radio names or other RDS related messages, I only need auto tune
              Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
              Celeron 1.2ghz
              256mb DDR-2 533
              80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
              Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
              M2-ATX
              8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

the skin should not really matter.. but I can't honestly tell if the MMI skin has the radio skin completed for it.. so I'd suggest to try a different skin to rule out that possibility.

The Cinergy 600 has full control over Radiator .. the change of frequencies is a "hardware" feature if I'm not mistaken (so it should work independent of software). The brushmetal skin has RDS info support, but RDS info will only work with RR's control application (without radiator).
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Hi again,

I reinstalled everything from scratch and now it works !!!!!

I also used the BrushedMetal skin (with Audi logo) as guino suggested because the mmi skin still has some flaws I think.

During my first install I downloaded the binary distribution and unzipped it manually into the RR directory after the InstallShield.

The second time I used the update function at the end of the RR install.

@guino: for RDS support you talk about the RR's control application, is it included in the distribution and if so where is it and how does it work, and if not where can I get it?

Thanks guino to have continued and extended MediaCar ! It is getting better by the day !

The only thing I need now is a good TV antenna
                  Pike

Audi A6
                  In Dash touchscreen 7"

Comment

the Cinergy folder is provided in the latest Binary Package on my site (5-12).. you'll need the cinergy folder inside RR's folder and likely need to run "register.bat" in the same folder.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I Guino, I have the same problem, in RRconfig Cinergy control is grayed.
                      I try to uninstall and reinstall all RR, i Update RR with RR updater, i look to c\program files\Roadrunner\cinergy and in the folder i execute register.bat, and i look if there's rrctv.exe
                      The file rrctv.exe is in cinergy folder and if execute it function well.

what did i do wrong?

Excuseme for my english

Comment

P.s. My skin is the original in the RR download i not change it for test

Comment

Originally posted by sabbio
                          I Guino, I have the same problem, in RRconfig Cinergy control is grayed.
                          I try to uninstall and reinstall all RR, i Update RR with RR updater, i look to c\program files\Roadrunner\cinergy and in the folder i execute register.bat, and i look if there's rrctv.exe
                          The file rrctv.exe is in cinergy folder and if execute it function well.
                          what did i do wrong?
                          Excuseme for my english
                          try simply editing RR.INI and change the radiomode= line to:

radiomode=2

The option in the config is only disabled when the cinergy subfolder is not present.. but there may be a bug on it..
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Thank you Guino! very fast in the reply and the problem is solved!!

Comment

hei all!

ive to do a strange workaraund to put radio working in rr, with the cinergy600.
                              before running rr i have to switch on the terratec software panel, put the tv screen and switch to out source (for not having sound from tv)
                              then i can start rr and when i switch to radio it works fine with rds and everything.
                              but... yes.. there's a but... when in rr i switch back to music or video there's still the radio playing under the other music and i cannot mute the radio only but have to go out of rr and switch back off the terratec panel
                              i tried every settings but nothing seems to work.
                              got any idea?
                              ciao
                              roberto

Comment

Working...
                              X