Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winamp install gets corrupted randomly...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp install gets corrupted randomly...

hey guys..anyone else here have the problem where the carpc boots up normally, then RR popus up and when you initially try to play an mp3, you get an error window popping up that says winamp has to close. Seems as though my winamp install gets somehow corrupted every so often. The only way to fix this is to either do a system restore (which sux) or reinstall winamp again. I have no idea why this would happen...(btw, im using Winamp 5.05 & RR 5-6-05) Any input would be great! thanks
    '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

I have a similar problem on 2 separate car pcs, I think it is something to do with music files and how they are encoded, some a friend has done make it happen, mine dont.
    When I come out of standby on some tracks it hangs and I get a winamp error saying it has to close. I have to restart rr and the same track then plays fine...
    =======================================
    EPIA M10000, Kingston 256MB, 40G 2.5" HDD, 40G 3.5" HDD, LG slim CD/DVD,
    Customised Cubid 2699R, Xenarc 7" moulded in dash, Opus 90w, bu-303

Comment

with mine, i have to reinstall winamp over again... (or system restore)
      '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
        with mine, i have to reinstall winamp over again... (or system restore)
        Have the same problem..But isnt winamp only for movies and Mediaplayer for mp3?
        P4.1,8 - 512 ram - Power: M1-ATX 6-24V DC/DC - HU: Blaupunkt Seattle MP74 - Lcd: lilliput touch. - GPS rec. Navilock NL-202U ( USB).- 2 usb for ex. - 1 cardread. 9 in 1. - Softw.: MapMonkey - Frontend: Roadrunner

Comment

Originally posted by yokeren
          Have the same problem..But isnt winamp only for movies and Mediaplayer for mp3?
          No, not quite...winamp for the music and mediaplayer for videos
          RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
          Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
          Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
          RRMedia
          RRExtended
          DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

i have the same problem sometimes, but i have narrowed it down to not shutting down xp properly. so, now i just shutdown properly and it doesnt get corrupted. i am going to go back to winamp 5.02 and try that, because i never remember it happening with that version. it isnt a problem with roadrunner, si i have had it happen on my pc in the house. hope this helps

THE NEW
            : www.lowagz.co.nr ::

THE OLD
            :: www.hakhawk.co.nr ::

Comment

sounds like a shutdown/filesystem issue.. if your computer crashes, chances are that the stuff that is running (RR/Winamp mostly) could become corrupted.. so you just need to get your system stable... I've never had an issue with it.. but I've had MPC become corrupted once or twice for the same reason.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

right... its too bad carpc's arent realy stable quite yet for most people... .im sure everyone gets the occasional reset or freeze (which is probably why it gets corrupt)

Comment

im trying to use winamp 5.09 but whenever i open it, even if its only just been installed, it crashes the pc, cant do a thing with have, have to hold the power buttin, anyone else seen this?
                  Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
                  PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
                  Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

Type-R Mini

Comment

Try Winamp 2.8... I was using 5, but switched to 2.8 and its much better
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

how does 2.8 differ from winamp 5 royn? thanks..

Comment

that's what i was goign to say try winamp 2
                        Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

I'm not sure... from what I hear around the forums Guino uses that (), it apparently is nicer when hibernating alhtouhg I have problems with both, I dont think you lose out on any features, for my TVPlugin didnt work in 5.08, neither did milkdrop... so I dunno...

give it a try... I suppose it is smaller than 5 also
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

awwwww, milkdrop doesnt work in 2.x???

Comment

I have tested milkdrop and AVS in 2.9x and 5.0x .. the same with the TV plugin.. they all seem to work fine.. check your settings or download the appropriate plugin version..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                              X