Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mame for RR

Anyone has a skin for mame working??

That would be interesting. Galaga at 80mph would be a hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by kingvitamin
      That would be interesting. Galaga at 80mph would be a hoot.
      lmao
      CarPC #3: 99% Complete
      Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
      DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
      OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
      Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
      500+ full albums
      4,000+ video games
      music videos, movies, & more!
      old carPC

Comment

Pole Position

Pole Position would be more appropriate at 80M Mph.
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I haven't seen anything, check out this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=mobile+impact

reddeath goes in to some detail as why it's difficult to make/implement

Comment

Update if anyone cares...

Ok, I have downloaded MAME32 0.90u1 from http://www.romnation.net
            (no need to become a member there, you can just download it)
            They also have tons of roms.

I unzipped the package into C:\MAME32, put my zipped roms in the roms folder and did a "Audit", set the default view in MAME32 to Icons, also set up a joystick (cheap $5 AxisPad). The application is quite customizable and you can set up your roms to be controlled by the joystick or mouse. I set the roms to start full screen and they look cool.

I need to figure out how to map a joystick button to the "Esc" and "Tab" keys to make it easy to exit out of the games and get into the menu screen.

So far it will work with a keyboard but I am trying to eliminate that. Unfortunately, sendkeys wont work because when the roms go full screen, the cover everything. If I can figure out how to resize and position the window view, that might work with sendkeys and solve the problems. Right now window view is a postage stamp.

Its a bit of a kludge but it works well enough to keep me occupied while waiting for people at the airport cell phone lot.

Setting up a button on my default menu skin that goes like this
            B154,57,109,65,71,"LOAD;MAME.SKIN;MAME32;C:\MAME32 \Mame32.exe;MAME32 0.90u1",

My skin is just a empty skin with an exit button on it and an added line for the window that goes like this
            /, A, x, y, w, h, color R;RGB, G, B
            A01,56,106,736,487,000

Chris

Comment

Yeah I'd love to have some old-time mame games running on my car pc. would work well with the playstation yoypads that i'm currently using to control the pc until my touch screen arrives. Keep up the good work.
              CAR INFO HERE
              "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

Originally posted by HyperSprite
                Update if anyone cares...

Ok, I have downloaded MAME32 0.90u1 from http://www.romnation.net
                (no need to become a member there, you can just download it)
                They also have tons of roms.

I unzipped the package into C:\MAME32, put my zipped roms in the roms folder and did a "Audit", set the default view in MAME32 to Icons, also set up a joystick (cheap $5 AxisPad). The application is quite customizable and you can set up your roms to be controlled by the joystick or mouse. I set the roms to start full screen and they look cool.

I need to figure out how to map a joystick button to the "Esc" and "Tab" keys to make it easy to exit out of the games and get into the menu screen.

So far it will work with a keyboard but I am trying to eliminate that. Unfortunately, sendkeys wont work because when the roms go full screen, the cover everything. If I can figure out how to resize and position the window view, that might work with sendkeys and solve the problems. Right now window view is a postage stamp.

Its a bit of a kludge but it works well enough to keep me occupied while waiting for people at the airport cell phone lot.

Setting up a button on my default menu skin that goes like this
                B154,57,109,65,71,"LOAD;MAME.SKIN;MAME32;C:\MAME32 \Mame32.exe;MAME32 0.90u1",

My skin is just a empty skin with an exit button on it and an added line for the window that goes like this
                /, A, x, y, w, h, color R;RGB, G, B
                A01,56,106,736,487,000

Chris

Change your button to

B154,57,109,65,71,"LOAD;MAME.SKIN;MAME32;C:\MAME32 \Mame32.exe;MAME",

should then embed the game without going full screen.

Also if you add ||PAUSE it will pause the music for the game. Just then add ||PLAY to your exit button.

Comment

joystick to keyboard program

There is a program that mame'rs use sometimes called JoyToKey to input keystrokes via the joystick.
                  http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key...%20Version.htm

It may work for you.

I think you can also change the default key to exit a game [ESC] to another key or maybe a gamepad button.

Comment

Enforcer, thanks for the heads up, I thought I tried that and it didn't work, then I tried yours and it worked like a charm. You rock

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by fixumdude
                      There is a .... a gamepad button.
                      Cool, I'll look into it

If I can get the send keys to work I think I'll be golden but this may be better as I wont really have to build a skin for it (and I am sort of lazy so...).

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by HyperSprite
                        Enforcer, thanks for the heads up, I thought I tried that and it didn't work, then I tried yours and it worked like a charm. You rock

Chris
                        Thank you for the mame link.

More classic games to install

Comment

Mame and Keyboards

I had installed Mame32 a long time ago, and after format & OS reinstall, I just never put it back in. I do remember there being a configuration screen in mame itself when it is running to assign any keys to whatever you want. I remember this well, as I also had a wireless Axis pad, (like $20 at Wally World) and mapped it to work with mame. I remember mapping the start button, to F1 (Whcih starts most games) and another button to "insert quarters". Once all mapped, I never had to use the keyboard for anything.

On top of that, in the individual games, you cam map the game to whatever you want. For instance if you want to map the Jump move in Mortal Kombat to say your left finger ect. For another game you can make the left finger say move left ect ect...

I wish I could remember more on what it took me to get to the configuration (I think it was a function key) but I know 100% positively it can be done.
                          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

tagged

Comment

Yes - DITTO on that.... exceptional link........

On the flip side - the FLASH games slip into RR soooooo smooooth. Is there anyone that has a site with a decent list of converted to flash games. These are the golden ones for RR. Very easy to embed... ??

Thx .

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                              Thank you for the mame link.

More classic games to install

Comment

Working...
                              X