wintv usb fm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wintv usb fm

i buy this tv tuner usb...but the radio don't work in rr, the tv yes....
    i need step to step istruction for work radio.....

i install usb device, i configure rr radio option, i launch the install.bat.....but the radio don't work in rr

help guino
    My Home page
    Cartuper V2
    Epia M1000
    512Mb ram
    Hdd 40 Gb 2,5'
    Dvd recorder DL Panasonic
    Lilli 619 7' with TS
    SoundBalster Mp3+ USB
    Holux Gpslim236 usb + external antenna
    M1 Atx
    Remote control with girder

!!!

Download the Latest Ocx files from Hauppage site.
    Install them.
    Then install the wintv radio app from your cd or Hauppage site.
    In RR config in radiator path point to wintv radio app.
    Select the correct device for Card reset.
    Thats all I think.
    At least thats the method that worked for me.

Comment

You don't need the OCX with the latest version.. from the above (if he has a register.bat) sounds like you don't have the latest version of RR. The card reset is a last resort (in case switching back-forth to TV/Radio screws up). On the last version you just have to:

-Select WinTV in RRConfig
      -Set Radiator Path to the WinTV Radio path (must be installed)
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

is this the product you guys are talking about? http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_usbfm.html
        Alex
        90 300zx twinturbo conversion
        Epia C3, 512 ram, syntax mobo, 80 gig WD, Mediacar, GPS w/Routis, all behind drivers seat, 7in Lcd Lilliput VGA with Touch, wireless adapter for stumbling, Consult ODB1 adapter and data scanner.

Comment

yeah... i have that too
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

thanks for support
            My Home page
            Cartuper V2
            Epia M1000
            512Mb ram
            Hdd 40 Gb 2,5'
            Dvd recorder DL Panasonic
            Lilli 619 7' with TS
            SoundBalster Mp3+ USB
            Holux Gpslim236 usb + external antenna
            M1 Atx
            Remote control with girder

Comment

question about this and TV tuner/FM tuner in general.....if you set up your computer (epia m10000) to the 5.1 sound setup, how are you able to plug in an AUDIO IN for sound when the 5.1 setup (3 plugs) is set for AUDIO OUT? please help me out because i would like to install a TV/FM tuner....pleeeeease

Comment

Some cards have directshow audio (comes through the USB plug). Which sould work with the Winamp Plugin. Otherwise, you'd have to send the audio diret to your amp/decoder somehow or get a different sound card..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

just wondering what the quality of reception is like with this card, also does the radio station suffer from a lack of bass ?

CdR
                  Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                    just wondering what the quality of reception is like with this card, also does the radio station suffer from a lack of bass ?

CdR
                    It's ****! I bought this and thought I would get ok reception in my Audi A4 using the stock antenna thats in the back window but I get statics and stuff like that and when I use the Di-pole antena (antenna that is 2 wires looks like a big T) that is supplied with the tv/fm device I get a bit of reception but when moving it really is crappy, dont waste your money on that.
                    Personaly I'm hoping on that HU-Radio thing that some guys in the forum is working on to kick off so I can buy it...
                    I thought I would miss radio alot more than I am currently but the only thing I'm missing is listening to the news in the mornings but I can live without hearing about all the bad things going on anyway.

If you would connect this to some real aerial antenna the tv / radio is ok but for a moving vehicle, just forget it!

There isnt any substitute that you can controll with your computer that can rival the quality of a "real" radio headunit that I know of yet.. If you do know of one please let me know

Comment

With just the 2-wire antenna that came with it I get ok reception when stopped, and radio is "listenable" when moving, tv is sketchy.... I'm waiting for my powered antenna to arrive so I can get a better idea....
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

I agree on the WinTV reception it kind of sucks.. but if you already have one then hell.. plug a good antenna and it's better than nothing (you'll get decent reception of close by stations)...

Originally posted by distler
                        There isnt any substitute that you can controll with your computer that can rival the quality of a "real" radio headunit that I know of yet.. If you do know of one please let me know
                        Now, I have to disagree on this one.. the Cinergy 600 offers high-quality reception and even has RDS to boot.. I see no difference between my HU and the Cinergy 600 in radio mode..
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Hey Guino, any idea where I can get a Cinergy in the US?
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                            Hey Guino, any idea where I can get a Cinergy in the US?
                            That's hard man... they have resellers in the US, but you'd probably have to back order one by special request.. They're only popular in Europe only (end-user hardware market).. you may be able to talk a user into buying one and sending it to you... I did search for it in the USA, with no success..
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                              Now, I have to disagree on this one.. the Cinergy 600 offers high-quality reception and even has RDS to boot.. I see no difference between my HU and the Cinergy 600 in radio mode..
                              Question is does the USB version work as good as the PCI one?
                              And does it require external power?

TerraTec Cinergy 400 USB
                              TerraTec Cinergy 250 USB

Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                              X