Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple new ideas for my favorite front end - RR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple new ideas for my favorite front end - RR.

OK, I just had a couple quick ideas that I think people would like, not sure how possible/easy/usefull they are but here goes.

1. If possible, RR reads through your GPS what direction you are travelling at all times and posts it in a small window that is shown in ea. screen. For example below. I loved having a car that had a compas in the rear view at all times. I just think it's a nice touch.

2. An oil change log, where you could enter the last time you changed your oil and approximately how long it takes you to do an average of say 2800 miles. Then it could pop up and remind you you've got an oil change due soon and you can view the log of all previous changes - no more ugly stickers on the windshield, plus the ability to review your oil change history. The pop up window could have a feature that says, remind me again in X days. And you could enter the days and it'll pop back up.

Anyone?
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

or intergrate it with gps, and program your service intervals, rr records your total distance, and alerts you when you need a service.
    Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
    PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
    Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

Type-R Mini

Comment

This is a neat idea...it would beat having a notepad file that you just launch in the app section...just wouldn't want it to be as annoiying as windows' reminders...
      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
      RRMedia
      RRExtended
      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Yeah, I started to use notepad then thought about this. Notepad =

Please help.

Comment

1. You can already place the heading of the GPS on the skin. Just edit it.

2. This is something that a plugin/application can easily do by keeping track of time and speed information from the GPS (It will be INACURATE as hell) OR, you can pull that Lat/Long every so often and perform the distance calculation. You can actually pull this info from RR while it is running. There's no need to stick this stuff inside RR, specially when most people will not use it (although most people will say: "neat").
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Sounds "neat" to me and I would love to see that built into any of the available front ends.
            FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
            EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
            8" touchscreen
            D-Link USB Radio
            USB GPS Mouse
            Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
            Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

Originally posted by guino
              I take it that this is listed in the skin command text somewhere...Its SOOO long < Good thing!

2. This is something that a plugin/application can easily do by keeping track of time and speed information from the GPS (It will be INACURATE as hell) OR, you can pull that Lat/Long every so often and perform the distance calculation. You can actually pull this info from RR while it is running. There's no need to stick this stuff inside RR, specially when most people will not use it (although most people will say: "neat").
              Well, I'll be waiting for someone to make a plugin then...HINT...HINT...someone,anyone(really wish i knew how to program something other than Pbasic...lol )

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

Comment

Yeah it wouldn't have to be very accurate. Just something to remind you when to check your log. I think it would be very usefull.

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3
                  Well, I'll be waiting for someone to make a plugin then...HINT...HINT...someone,anyone(really wish i knew how to program something other than Pbasic...lol )
                  You do realize this can only be done (whatever way) when using Mappoint, MM or FD right ? (I ask because you seem to use Routis -- according to your sig).
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by J187
                    2. An oil change log, where you could enter the last time you changed your oil and approximately how long it takes you to do an average of say 2800 miles. Then it could pop up and remind you you've got an oil change due soon and you can view the log of all previous changes - no more ugly stickers on the windshield, plus the ability to review your oil change history. The pop up window could have a feature that says, remind me again in X days. And you could enter the days and it'll pop back up.

Anyone?

Get a Beemer, it tells you exactly when it needs an oil change, Inspection I and Inspection II.

God it's horrible seeing less of those green lights lit up when you turn the ignition on.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                      Get a Beemer, it tells you exactly when it needs an oil change, Inspection I and Inspection II.

God it's horrible seeing less of those green lights lit up when you turn the ignition on.
                      Had a Grand Prix GTP. It did the same. I loved it.

Please help.

Comment

You do realize this can only be done (whatever way) when using Mappoint, MM or FD right ? (I ask because you seem to use Routis -- according to your sig).
                        Ok..my bad... what was I thinking(thats what the problem was LOL)...
                        And Yes my sig is right, I do use Routis..thanks for pointing that out. Bummer..

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

Comment

Working...