X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with External GPS on RR

Hi

I shall make this brief and to the point:

I load my external gps program from within RR, now, should I go back to RR, is their anyway to switch back to the gps software without another copy of it being re-opened?

Basically I want 1 copy of my external gps (infomap navigator) to be loaded, and then when I click on the gps icon in RR for it to revert back to the already open copy of nav, not a new one.

Is this possible? If so, how? I would like to just be able to click the gps button if poss, and it detect if it is already open or not.

Cheers
    www.leoncupra.co.uk

RR looks for a already open copy of your software first, before launching another copy.. so you should be fine

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Your GPS Window Name is wrong, it will never re-run the application if the setting is right. There's a FAQ on finding the correct Window name and on running the GPS application on it's own screen. Navigator is a very poorly written application which will have many issues when embbeded. It is probably easier to run the application with the run command then minimize RR while running it, then to run it embbeded. Read Skin Commands.txt for more information. I also recommend reading the other FAQs available.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

oh
        ok. Thanks for that. Looks like i should get a different gps package then. What do u recommend that works perfectly, is cheap, and for the UK market?
        www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

For cheapest, probably Routis/Iguidance (not the best for touchscreen).. For best interface/maps/quality, Mappoint or Destinator 3 (Map Monkey/FreeDrive).

You can try out destinator for $15 bucks last I remember (CD+Maps)..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
          X