Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main menu with Video play on 2nd LCD

Guino,
    This is my setup, main Touchscreen LCD VGA screen up front with s-video screen in back. I have the back screen to play the overlay on full screen mode to be able to see videos on both screens. What I am wondering is there a way to exit out of my main front screen to the main menu (while driving and cops) and still have the back screen running the video playback for my kid. You know like (those who run two screens know what I am taking about) when you browse for a video file and the full screen overlay (rear LCD in my case) still plays the movie. The problem is that RR kills video playback during exit to main menu unlike music playback that still runs in the background. For example, I still see the music interface on the rear screen if i am playing music even though I exit to the main menu on the front screen and I would like it to behave the same way for video playback. Make sense? Or better yet be able to go to GPS and still have video playback on the rear screen and GPS up front!
    Car: 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE
    Car PC: AMD XP 2500+, 1gig DDR, MSI KM4M mobo, GeForce 5200 128mb, Western Digital 250gig HDD, DVD, 802.11g, Rikaline USB Mouse GPS, WinXP SP1
    Screens: Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen and Lilliput 7" RCA LCDs

Not possible yet I think.... there is a somewhat similar thread in the skin forums titled Split-screen GPS, and we are trying to accomplish something similar for use with 2 VGA screens, there is a user trying to allow simultaneous video+gps I think
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

there is one way to do it. i did it with the RCA out. i selected extend my desktop. it works but it hard to setup up. you must see both monitor to lay out the gps and dvd.
      Via SP-1300, 512 MB, M1-ATX, 7" Liliput, DBT-120, 80 Gig 2.5" 5400 RPM HD, Ericsson T616, USB SB Live 5.1 sound card, XP Pro SP2, RoadRunner, Slim DVD -R/+R, XM Direct, and GPS/Map Monkey.

Comment

With MATROX you can do that (i don't remember exactly the model, may be G550+). Some time ago i have installed a Matrox in a school and this pc had 2 Monitors. You can choose on what monitor view video or DVD. The managment is very simple with the matrox drivers
        Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

its still not possible with road runner!

MRFabio, using your idea, video will still stop when the user goes to main menu...

malkalm: th only way of using this would be independent touchscreen systems, and using the gps software indpendently from rr...

so no, my initial response still seems to stand...
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

It would be possible by making a plugin for RR with a skin that works on a separate screen but you would need to use a separate application for playing the video embedded within the Plugin app.

Comment

yep, but i suppose that is possibly part of what aranthar (or whatever his name is) proposed in the split-gps thread in the skins forum..
              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

On a related note. Is it possible to run the VGA and composite outputs at the same time on the EPIA M10K? I have only been able to get it to run one or the other. If it is possible, does it run as two seperate screens under XP or does it mirror the same output to both?

Thanks...
                FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
                EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
                8" touchscreen
                D-Link USB Radio
                USB GPS Mouse
                Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
                Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

Bringing this one back.

Just to ask, is it possible to enable video to continue playing even when you come out of the video screen and go to any of the others, including GPS, audio etc.

A switch could be added to the ini file (video stay=true/false).

I now have the video playing full screen on a second screen, but loose it when I come out of the screen. (also have managed to use a second sound card with winamp on one and the video to use the built in one. )

Comment

Can't you just use an external DVD player like WinDVD or Zoom Player?
                    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Don't be a smartass. You want to run DVD on an external screen. It makes a lot of sense to use an external DVD player. Think about it. Oh yeah, you can embed WinDVD or PowerDVD in RR rather easily.
                      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                      CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
                        Don't be a smartass. You want to run DVD on an external screen. It makes a lot of sense to use an external DVD player. Think about it. Oh yeah, you can embed WinDVD or PowerDVD in RR rather easily.

I am aware of all the above. However I am not talking about DVD. I am talking about divx and other films on the harddrive, and want to use the built in (OK classic Media player is still an external player however it is effectively written in, in RR) video player.

But thanks for your input anyway.

Comment

I believe Arathranar was working on something to that effect... It is possible to do that, but then when exactly would you STOP the video from playing.. ? going into MP3/XM/FM ?
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Well personally I would go back into the video player menu and press STOP.

Because you would have a setting in the RR.ini file, only those who would have second screens especially for video would need this and could set it. For everyone else they leave the setting as false and it behaves as it does now for them.

MP3/XM/FM would all be as normal and working at the same time, the sound going to a different soundcard.

Comment

Working...
                            X