Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to link a new skin

Hello,

I want to add a skin in RR with all sensor data. I already made a new skin (called sensor.skin) with the skineditor, but my problem is that I can't make a link from the menu to the new skin. How do I do that?

Thanks for your help!
    Hardware: Via Epia M10000, 512MB DDR RAM, 3,5" 40 Gig HD, slimline DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW, M1-ATX (PSU).
    Software: Roadrunner, Mapmonkey/Freedrive

My Car PC project
    FD & MM voices

make a button on the main menu with the following parameters

B06,173,077,085,085,"LOAD;sensor.skin;sensor"

The numbers in the front are the coordinates and size of the button. They will be automatically inserted by the skin programm when you define the button.
    The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Thank you! It works when I edit the skin in notepad.

How do I link the new skin in the skineditor?
      Hardware: Via Epia M10000, 512MB DDR RAM, 3,5" 40 Gig HD, slimline DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW, M1-ATX (PSU).

My Car PC project
      FD & MM voices

Comment

Yes,
        Open Skineditor
        File>Open skin> OPen the skin you want to edit
        Screens> Select the screen where the button will go
        Click add and select "B Button" from the drop list.
        The X and Y coordinates are where the button will go.
        The W and H are width and height of the mapped area that will be button
        THe command sections is where you put your load command.
        Click done, you will see the highlighted button area.
        Double click inside it if you need to adjust its position or height.
        Save Skin
        Reopen RR with that skin. Your button should work fine.
        Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
        Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
        I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
        Please help.

Comment

Thanks,

My only problem is that I made a skin called sensor.ini, but I can't select it in the load command of the command section. Maybe it is because I copied the meni.skin edited it and renamed it into sensor.skin.

My Car PC project
          FD & MM voices

Comment

No, that shouldn't be a problem. BUt if what you say is true, you named it Sensor.INI And not Sensor.Skin?? Make sure you've got it named correctly both in file name and in the statement where you call it. Also, be sure that after each change you make to a skin file, you are saving the skin in the editor AND reloading the skin in RR. It's very simple to overlook this step.

Please help.

Comment

Sorry I made a mistake, I did call the skin sensor.skin and not sensor.ini. Still I can't select the skin in the skineditor.

Is it possible to enter a normal tekst in a skin with the skineditor?

My Car PC project
              FD & MM voices

Comment

if it is in the skin's folder (together with all the other .skin files) you should see it listed in the menu. IF it is listed and you can't "see" it, you need to go and set the JPG files for that screen (There's an option to edit that -- screen settings I believe) then you should be able to "see" the screen and edit/add objects to it.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

And yes it is certainly possible to edit the skin with simple text. Open word, notepad or wordpad, go to File>Open and select the skin file from the directory.

It'll open in this format

MEDIACAR Skin
                  MEDIACAR Alpine "Audio Player" skin
                  AUDIO_PLAYER_OFF.jpg,AUDIO_PLAYER_OFF.jpg,AUDIO_PL AYER_ON.jpg,AUDIO_PLAYER_DOWN.jpg

/, (B) Buttons
                  /, X Y W H CODE TOOLTIP
                  /, --- --- --- --- ------- -------
                  B01,162,371,146,058,"VOL+",
                  B02,162,495,146,055,"VOL-",
                  B03,032,462,065,069,"VISU",""
                  B04,268,550,105,050,"PREV",
                  B05,373,541,105,059,"PLAY",
                  B06,478,541,105,059,"STOP",
                  B07,583,541,105,059,"NEXT",
                  B08,032,393,065,069,"SHUFFLE/REPEAT",
                  B09,097,462,065,069,"MIXER",
                  B10,688,541,105,059,"EJECT",
                  B11,233,429,075,066,"LIST",
                  B12,097,393,065,069,"MAIN",
                  B13,749,230,051,074,"PGDOWN",
                  B14,749,156,051,074,"DOWN",
                  B15,749,082,051,074,"UP",
                  B16,749,008,051,074,"PGUP",
                  B17,162,429,071,066,"MASTERMUTE","Mute"

etc.

X, Y, W, H, Code, Tool

Please help.

Comment

@J187, Sorry, but that isn't what I ment. Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. I want to add a 'normal' tekst in a skin. I'm making my own sensor skin. I now added all senson values and now I want to add a short description e.g. FAN speed = 1200 rpm. I added The 1200 rpm, but now I want to 'write' FAN speed in front of it with the skin editor is that possible?

@guino I have the sensor.skin in the correct directory and I also set the right JPG files far that screen. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Here are some pics I made how it is 'configurated' now.

PIC's
                    Attached Files

My Car PC project
                    FD & MM voices

Comment

I see you're on the right way.. but you should set the on/off/down images on the screen settings to make it preview the buttons etc (and make it work right)..

I guess your question is how to add TEXT onto the skin.... if so, just make a label and for the code, just use "=<TEXT TO DISPLAY>".. for example you can check the menu.skin on the BM skins.. it should have "=Car:" and "=Out:" to create the texts it uses. The text will not "preview" in the Skin editor but it should display when RR is running.

PS: This is described at the bottom of skin commands.txt.
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thank you Guino I'll try it.

BTW I linked 4 times the same image because I don't have a 'sensor_on' skin yet, Is that what causes the problem that I can't link the sensor.skin in the skin editor?

Here a pic how the skin looks now. I don't know what I'm gonna make on the left side of the skin. Does anyone have a suggestion?
                        Attached Files

My Car PC project
                        FD & MM voices

Comment

hoi erwin, ziet er mooi uit!

If I were you I would skip that right area and make all the rest a little bit bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
                            Thank you Guino I'll try it.

BTW I linked 4 times the same image because I don't have a 'sensor_on' skin yet, Is that what causes the problem that I can't link the sensor.skin in the skin editor?

Here a pic how the skin looks now. I don't know what I'm gonna make on the left side of the skin. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I'd use it to display system info (CPU load, memory info etc)..

I still don't quite get what you mean by "link"... you can LOAD skin files but LINK has no meaning to it.. your command seems to be right. maybe after you're done with the images, you can post a modified Menu.skin+JPGs and the Sensor.skin+JPGs so we can test/try it..
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

@partybuster Dank je wel, Ik denk dat ik er de CPU load op ga weergeven

Thank you, I think I'm gona display the CPU load.

@Guino By link I mean that I can open the sensor menu when I click on the sensor button. So it is LOAD I'm sorry that I use the wrong terms but that is because I'm from The Netherlands, so English isn't my first language.

I'ts a great idea to display the CPU load and memmory usage, how do I do that they are not listed in the software that I used from your site.

My Car PC project
                              FD & MM voices

Comment

Working...
                              X