Help needed for getting info from FreeDrive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for getting info from FreeDrive

OK. I'm pretty sure that this has been mentioned before but I cannot seem to find the correct syntax for the following.
    I'm trying to get info from FreeDrive (ETA,ETR,Speed... e.t.c) and place it in a label on any RR skin. This should be automatically updated. Does anyone have the correct syntax for this
    The road is long but we are getting there.

Originally posted by tolisn
    OK. I'm pretty sure that this has been mentioned before but I cannot seem to find the correct syntax for the following.
    I'm trying to get info from FreeDrive (ETA,ETR,Speed... e.t.c) and place it in a label on any RR skin. This should be automatically updated. Does anyone have the correct syntax for this
    You have to edit the configuration in FreeDrive and tell it to send out the labels to RR.. the label codes are basically a set of custom codes that FD updates (CUSTOMFDSPEED, etc).. they're all listed in the same config file.. check this post out:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...1&postcount=57
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Here is Exactly what you need. I have just done this to the Menu.skin file for the Zots.day skin. It works great. Here is the Information and the attached files needed, including the Image of the LCD showing the Free Drive Information.

Here is another Menu.skin file that I have made, it removes the Information from the Menu LCD and replaces it with the Information from FreeDrive. The one in a Prior post was for Map Monkey, but I decided there is more information that you can get from FreeDrive, so here it is.

If you look at the Image, I have removed the Audio Information from the LCD window and replaced it all with the Information From FreeDrive.

Also, above the On: in the Image is the Next Turn, so if you are to take a Right then above On it will state Turn Right, then On: then below On it will give you the Street Name that you need to turn on.

The ETR and Time Remaining don't work correctly, but this is a bug in FreeDrive that will be fixed, as stated to me in one of the FreeDrive forum posts.

Dist to Next: This gives you the data from FreeDrive on how far you have until your Next Turn.

You need to download the FreeDrive-LCD-menu.skin.zip file. Extract this file to your Zots.day folder under the Skins folder in RR.

You then Need to download the Freedrive-sdk.ini for Skin to work in RR.zip file and extract the sdk.ini file into your Freedrive Folder, most likely it is located at: C:\Program Files\FreeDrive overwriting your existing file.

Hope you like this, I am loving it now.

Bryan
      Attached Files
      2000 Yukon Denali
      Shuttle SN65G2
      Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
      1GB PC800 Mem
      Radeon9200 PRO
      Seagate 120GB
      ATI Remote
      RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
      7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
      USB 2.0 Hub
      Rikaline GPS-6010
      PN11 802.11b Wireless
      XP Pro
      750W Inverter

Comment

Ok Guys, I got the message

Thanks
        The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Working...
        X