Glowing (but unpressed) buttons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glowing (but unpressed) buttons?

If I switch between screens, the button in the next screen which is in (about) the same place as the one pressed in the previous is lit. E.g., pressing back arrow in the audio player screen will light the "exit" button in the main screen until I press another button.

Am I overlooking something in my setup?
    CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
    Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
    Software: RR, MM/FD

This is normal... Unless you were to completely turn off any button highlight/glow, there's no way around that.. basically, you press the button down, then you let go of the screen, then RR changes the screen, and the mouse is (unavitably) over the new screen so it highlights any buttons on that location. Now, RR always tries to move the mouse pointer out-of-screen after executing a command, so f you make a button on the bottom left corner (where the mouse goes to) it may be enough to take out the highlight of "most" fullsize screens. Something like:

Bxx,0,600,1,5,"",""

(Since there's nothing to draw there, and nothing to execute there, it should just highlight a "blank" spot -- but this would create an extra button to browse through when using a keyboard)...
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I had a code change that completely fixed this at one point. I lost it though. I'll try and re-code it at some point. It wasn't complicated to detect when the mouse was out of all buttons.
      Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
      Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
      Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

Thanks Guino -- unhiding the mouse pointer made clear to me what is happening. Actually, my mouse pointer resets to the top left corner instead of bottom left when executing a command. This also explains why I can't get rid of the annoying control panel in PowerDVD (the one that pops up when you touch the upper edge in fullscreen mode). I will search for a workaround, RR is still relatively new to me.
        CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
        Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
        Software: RR, MM/FD

Comment

You can easily disable the control bar in PowerDVD in its settings. During Video playback the mouse resets to the top left.. on other screens it resets to bottom left... just a matter of detecting mouse movements.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

It should be possible to move the pointer totally off-screen (I've worked on an app that did that in one scenario). Was there a reason you didn't do that?
            Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
            Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
            Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

The bottom left I meant IS off the screen (first pixel after last bottom pixel).. I move the mouse to the top because with auto-hide off, moving the mouse to the bottom would re-show the controls..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
              X