Problem With Search Function

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Search Function

Whats up guys, i just did a quick search and cant find anything about this. When in the music screen i hit the search button type what im looking for, and hit enter, all it does is send me back to the music page, it doesnt play the file or highlight it either, is the function completed? or is it still under devel? aight thanks for you help

Ok, I think guino might have addressed this issue in his latest updates, have you tried updating to the latest vers??

If you've already updated and still it doesn't work, just edit your skin files and change the search button code to "!BROWSE||SEARCHFILES" (yes "" included) that will querry your whole music directory every time you search.

If you don't know how to edit skin files, search around the site it's definitely been covered. It involves downloading the skin editor from guino's site.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by bobs987
      Whats up guys, i just did a quick search and cant find anything about this. When in the music screen i hit the search button type what im looking for, and hit enter, all it does is send me back to the music page, it doesnt play the file or highlight it either, is the function completed? or is it still under devel? aight thanks for you help
      The search function does work, but it searches from the CURRENT position, and just highlights the first match. If you want it to always search from the top of the list edit audio_player.skin and change "SEARCHLIST" to "GOTOFIRST||SEARCHLIST" ..
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
        The search function does work, but it searches from the CURRENT position, and just highlights the first match. If you want it to always search from the top of the list edit audio_player.skin and change "SEARCHLIST" to "GOTOFIRST||SEARCHLIST" ..
        But thatīs kinda stupid...lets say you have multiple songs from the same artist, you would have to type the COMPLETE name of the artist and song EVERY time you searched, for a specific song...kinda takes focus of the road =/
        Isnīt it possible to make the search function so that it works like winampīs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dj_Aleks
          But thatīs kinda stupid...lets say you have multiple songs from the same artist, you would have to type the COMPLETE name of the artist and song EVERY time you searched, for a specific song...kinda takes focus of the road =/
          Well actually, you could just type the name of the song. I doubt you would have so many songs named the same that it would confuse you. Actually, just type any key word in the song's title. A seach of "Killing name" only returned "Rage Against the Machine - Killing in The Name Of" from my 9,000+ mps. A search of "Janet again" returned "Janet Jackson - again". I have been using the search feature coded that way long before the new release and I think it's the only way to go. I have never once had a problem finding what I wanted wiith a few key words.
          Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
          Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
          I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
          Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj_Aleks
            The latest versions do NOT erase the text when using searchlist, so you can simply hit search/enter to search the playlist again.. the idea is to add support for a search next/prev window and let you go through the matches.. As J187 said, the search files feature and winamp library support offers much better results... the searchlist feature was intended mostly for "scrolling" to a son in the list that you already know is loaded (just so you don't have to scroll/look for it visually). For best matches of songs with some text you should use the file search feature or winamp library..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guys, I think that J187 idea will work, its not that it wasent playing the song, it was when i searched for a song and hit enter nothing would come up it would still be on the song playing. I'll give this a shot when i get out of work, thanks everyone for your help.

-Bobby

Comment

Working...
              X