SKINbedder embedding problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKINbedder embedding problem

Anyone else seen this? I have SKINbedder embedded with iGuidance without problems, however, the right side of the screen does not go to the edge of any GPS skin I've used. The skin here is Zots but I've tried many others with the same result.

Any idea how to correct it. I've played with many of the skin settings but to no luck. The SKINbedder app is working perfectly when standalone.

Thanks
    Chuck

Originally posted by chuckster
    Anyone else seen this? I have SKINbedder embedded with iGuidance without problems, however, the right side of the screen does not go to the edge of any GPS skin I've used. The skin here is Zots but I've tried many others with the same result.

Any idea how to correct it. I've played with many of the skin settings but to no luck. The SKINbedder app is working perfectly when standalone.

Thanks
    Chuck

Do you have a GPS receiver connected. If not, conect one, and let us know if that helps.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I installed the GPS Receiver (Earthmate) and it worked up until I rebooted my PC.

Now RR won't embed the skinbedder. The GPS map is completely transparent as I can see my desktop and I can see skinbedder on the desktop within the transparent GPS skin.

If I go back to main menu and reselect the GPS again it will open another instance of skinbedder. As I understand RR is smart enough to know when the app is already opened and it was working until a reboot. Now it just keeps opening a new instance and won't embed.

Argh this can get frustrating.

Comment

How well does skinbbeder work with IG by itself (running it OUTSIDE RR) ? also check the task manager and verify there's no IG instances running before you try it..
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Outside RR is mixed. Sometimes it embeds perfectly and other times it is off center.

Before the reboot RR embedded it perfectly everytime. I have no idea what could have caused this but it is strange as I changedd nothing in between reboots.

I have been checking taskmanager and there is no instance of iG running.

I can post some screen shots if that would help.

Thanks for the reply.

Chuck

edit.......Image of transparent GPS skin. You can see skinbedder running but it's not embedded within RR.

Comment

If that white border is very consistent in RR, you can simply open the .skin file and increase the width on the definition of the application area until it uses the entire screen:

Axx,xxx,xxx,WIDTH,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
              If that white border is very consistent in RR, you can simply open the .skin file and increase the width on the definition of the application area until it uses the entire screen:

Axx,xxx,xxx,WIDTH,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx
              I was able to get rid of the white border by attaching the GPS receiver. Not sure why it fixes the white border but it did thanks to WiredWRX

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by chuckster
                Outside RR is mixed. Sometimes it embeds perfectly and other times it is off center.

Before the reboot RR embedded it perfectly everytime. I have no idea what could have caused this but it is strange as I changedd nothing in between reboots.

I have been checking taskmanager and there is no instance of iG running.

I can post some screen shots if that would help.

Thanks for the reply.

Chuck

edit.......Image of transparent GPS skin. You can see skinbedder running but it's not embedded within RR.

I would change the name of the Sb window to something like your name, and then change the RR config to embed your name. Perhaps your window name and the IG name are too close, and RR is trying to embed the wrong one. In fact, I am almost sure that is the cause.

I know is sounds lame, but try it. I use my name (Michael) for the Sb window title, and set the RR config to embed Michael. The rest of the Sb ini should remain the same, since it automatically embeds IG.

Also, make sure that your GPS is connected, and not asking you to push the O.K. button even though it is connected.

Michael
                ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I was noticing that too... you should make sure to make up a window title that is UNIQUE enough not to be part of ANY other window.. or RR may just embed the first window it finds with "IG" in the window title (even in the middle of words)..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I figured out the transparent issue. I was running an evaluation of an anti-keylogger program and it appears the RR must be tracking something when doing the embedding or something else because when I disabled the keylogger it now embeds. The eval expires after a few hours of PC power on which is why it was embedding previously until I rebooted.

I'm still having an embedding problem which I will try your suggestions of changing the window name. The issue I'm having now is RR embeds the iG window (form name of skinbedder) but not the iGuidance window inside skinbedder. Now now I see the left and top border of the iGuidance window because it is not embedding.

I will let you know how it goes with changing the form name to something more unique.

edit...........I changed the form name to chuckster and that is embedding as I stated above but the iGuidance window within the chuckster form is not embedding.

thx Chuck

Comment

OK I appear to be having major issue with the Delorme USB to Serial drivers. THey work when they want to work it appears.

I just did an uninstall of the drivers with the receiver disconnected, then connected the received and reinstalled the drivers. RR now embeds correctly.

Why does the embedding not work when a receiver is not detected? Seems strange to me but maybe there is a logical explaination.

Anyone have any better drivers for this Earthmate or should I just trash this darn thing? I imagine any USB receiver I get will need the USB to serial drivers so it probably will not make sense to just get a different one.

Chuck

Comment

I've played a little with Skinbedder in existing skins but now I'm making my own and I'd like some clarification on what can be done directly in RR vs SB to display/customize IGuidance. I understand SB allows you to create buttons to control IGuidance (&others) but can't RR do the same directly? If so, I'd like to avoid the bloat of adding additional apps (SB and AutoIt) and avoid the confusion of having to use two skinners.
                        Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

You can't REPLACE the buttons in IG with RR... and if you want to send commands to IG you'll have to have to make special buttons for EACH skin you use.. SB allows you to use the same buttons etc in different applications and skins.. Plus SB has a few improvements on NAG removals etc..
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                          X