Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BETA Test....

Ok,

I haven't had much time to work on new features lately.. that's because I've been doing a lot of research/coding/testing with different approaches for memory management and screen drawing in RR... After about 6 different versions, I think I've got a first BETA version I'd like to have users test and give feedback .. This version should use a lot less memory (and I mean it) and uses a lot more API and less VB automation... the result should be a faster and more memory efficient RR (which also increases overall performance of windows, hibernation etc -- specially with lower RAM amounts). Other than that, the only thing different is a bug fix on the ADD1 function when used with searched results... so don't expect any visual differences..

Download this BETA version at: http://guino.mpug.co.uk/rr.exe (just copy over your current rr.exe -- a backup may be a wise thing to do)
    Let me know your impressions.. if any..

Thanks for your support...
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Guino, i've just downloaded and tried in my HomePC, and at a first look it seems run really faster. Lately i will give a look in my CarPc (Based on Epia M10K).
    Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      Ok,

I haven't had much time to work on new features lately.. that's because I've been doing a lot of research/coding/testing with different approaches for memory management and screen drawing in RR... After about 6 different versions, I think I've got a first BETA version I'd like to have users test and give feedback .. This version should use a lot less memory (and I mean it) and uses a lot more API and less VB automation... the result should be a faster and more memory efficient RR (which also increases overall performance of windows, hibernation etc -- specially with lower RAM amounts). Other than that, the only thing different is a bug fix on the ADD1 function when used with searched results... so don't expect any visual differences..

Download this BETA version at: http://guino.mpug.co.uk/rr.exe (just copy over your current rr.exe -- a backup may be a wise thing to do)
      Let me know your impressions.. if any..

Thanks for your support...
      Guino.

It appears to me that,

Upon startup, the CPU process jumps to max. The original didn't do that.

As for memory usage, it is less then the original.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

From what I notice... on the iDrive like skin, the vol% disappears.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Download now, surely you have my support for the tests!

Mauri

Comment

Guino, i've done a little test in my car, First with the New RR and after with the previous, and honestly i have not found great differences in terms of performances... Only noticed a better management of memory (less memory usage with the new beta)
            Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
              From what I notice... on the iDrive like skin, the vol% disappears.
              EDIT: I'll check it.. I have to refresh labels on screen manually now (when they're over buttons ...)
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                EDIT: I'll check it.. I have to refresh labels on screen manually now (when they're over buttons ...)
                I have the same issue.
                Athlon XP 1900+, FIC AT31 Radeon IGP320, 256MB PC2100, Toshiba/IBM 7.2K 180GB HD,
                Sony XA-300 USB Audio -> Sony CDA-M600 HU, Integrated TV-Out -> Lilliput 7" Widescreen TV (CRAP),
                Vector 700 Watt Inverter, USB Keypad Control, Windows XP SP2, RoadRunner

Comment

I did some more memory optimizations and fixed the VOL% issue occurring on tht iDrive skin ... please redownload... http://guino.mpug.co.uk/rr.exe

PS: This is why it is BETA..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I have yet made a few more memory optimizations to the above patch... I did sacrifice a little on the speed to allow perfect drawing and less memory usage at any given time.. at this point all images that need to be stored for drawing are not using any VB controls (Pure API now)... you can basically run RR nicely around 30 Mb or RAM with most screens loaded (plus whatever yout GPS applications use)... I clearly remember this used to be about double as much (with all screens loaded)...
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I swear. I'm strait.... But my Map Monkey is exploring it's feminine side..

This only occurs when MM is loading, Detaching/Embeding or receiving commands like day/night. No issues with FD though.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy — Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks!

i'll try it out.

any word on video shuffle??
                        Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Originally posted by DiNASTY
                          I swear. I'm strait.... But my Map Monkey is exploring it's feminine side..

This only occurs when MM is loading, Detaching/Embeding or receiving commands like day/night. No issues with FD though.
                          I'll take a look at it.. seems like a side effect from the memory optimizations.. the Pink color is to allow for transparency on loaded images.. likely has nothing to do with MM itself...
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

There was a memory leak in the last BETA versions of RR... please re-download for a fix... the Pink screen was likely caused by this issue.. if you still have problems after updating it, please verify you're specifying the color of the background in the "A" definition of the .skin file..
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

3 thumbs up for this "memory optimizations". CPU usage is "jumping" up when the program start (but that is what happen to most apps anyway). Memory is about 10M which is 1/3 less compare to previous (7/15) release.
                              wait, I only have 2 thumbs
                              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                              X