Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping option settings in MPC

Okay guys... here's the deal:

I'm running AC3 v.07b and in order to get true Digital sound as well as SMOOTH playback on my PC (epia mII 1.2/512mb)

i have to change the audio decode settings in MPC... (change AC3 to output to SPDIF)

however... for some reason... if i restart the PC... it goes back to its default settings.

Anyone know what's going on here?

You should:

1-copy mpc.ini In RR's folder to your MPC folder as mplayerc.ini
    2-Run MPC and ONLY CHANGE the audio settings you need (without messing with enabling menus or whatever)
    3-Copy mplayerc.ini back to RR's folder as mpc.ini

MPC.INI is copied over mplayerc.ini when RR starts MPC to ensure the default settings are used -- if you enable menus and such, they'll be displayed when RR starts so you should be careful and make a backup of the original MPC.INI in case something goes wrong.

I would recommend the AC3 filter (DShow) and the built in player -- should have the same effect as MPC (just have to configure the codec to output to SPDIF).. but it may not work that well with your sound card..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

guino, is there a setting to keep the original aspect ratio in the Video Player?

I mean if a video clip is not in any of the 16:9, 4:3 or 2.35:1 AR's, is there a way to display it at whatever its own AR is?
      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
      CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

thanks guino... I'll try that out when i get home...

as for using the built-in player... what do you mean? Isn't MPC the "built-in" player for DVD's and such?

Anyways... i'm simply using the SPDIF out of my epia mII board and it's going into an external DTS (panasonic unit) so there shouldn't be any strain on the soundcard at all.

BTW... i just made this switch from frodo... i really like this front end.... (i just need to read that sticky you've got on "searching songs" better cuz i really can't search the way i want... yet at least)

Comment

RR "ignores" the aspect ratio of videos and sets the video size to whatever Zoom mode you choose.. this is because the aspect ratio of the SCREEN might be different than the used resolution. With MPC you can turn on the keep aspect ratio option in it using the above steps and it should work -- this can't be done with the built in player.

Also, Built-in player is the API based VIDEO (DIVX/MPEG Etc) -- selected by option in RRConfig, otherwise RR will use MPC. DVD playback is ONLY done by either MPC or by external player.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

hey guino.... i went to go do what you said last night and got confused about something...

in step one... you said to copy mplayerc.ini into "your MPC folder". Does that mean to create my own folder? The only mpc i've got on my PC is the mpc that comes with RR when i downloaded it.

Here's what I was thinking of doing (lemme know if this will work)...

From the RR folder, i opened mpc... made my changes. Then i made a backup of mpc.ini, created a copy of mplayerc.ini (which is all in the same rr folder)... and then copied this new "mplayerc.ini" as mpc.ini.

Would this have the same affect? If not... haha then yea i'm an idiot.

Thanks guino

Comment

yeah.. that should work.. it's just that MPC doesn't need to be in RR's folder.. MPC uses mplayerc.ini and RR keeps its default settings for MPC in mpc.ini and then copies it to mplayerc.ini when using it..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

okay cool.... will do that when i get home... thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  RR "ignores" the aspect ratio of videos and sets the video size to whatever Zoom mode you choose.. this is because the aspect ratio of the SCREEN might be different than the used resolution. With MPC you can turn on the keep aspect ratio option in it using the above steps and it should work -- this can't be done with the built in player.

Also, Built-in player is the API based VIDEO (DIVX/MPEG Etc) -- selected by option in RRConfig, otherwise RR will use MPC. DVD playback is ONLY done by either MPC or by external player.
                  Guino, I tried that. I changed KeepAspectRatio in both mpc.ini and mplayerc.ini to 1 but in RR, videos are still displayed in full mode, ie. nothing changed.

Could you add another "Zoom" mode that just displays the video in its original AR? That way, we don't have to fiddle around with the Zoom button when opeing video clips of different AR's or weird AR's.

I realize that some people have their 16:9 screens displayed in 4:3 resolution but for those with square-pixeled mapping, that would help big time. Thanks.
                  iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                  CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Working...
                  X