Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 08-02-05... SIRIUS Support ...

In this version:

-Added Screen Limiting Option (To limit memory usage)
    -Added Full SIRIUS Support
    -Added Weather Support (Thanks to MSCAR)
    -Improved Memory Handling
    -Fixed Issue with "ADD1" on searchfiles results
    -Fixed Issue with "SETLABEL" on switching labels
    -Fixed Issues with "DIRECTION" indicator
    -Fixed Issue with "SEARCHLIST" on XM

Notes:

-I'll be updating the skins to include SIRIUS support. If you wish to try it before then, download this: SiriusFiles.zip. You'll need to change/make a button to execute "SIRIUS". RR should work with ANY sirius interface as long as it provides a SERIAL/COM port for commnication with the tuner. Thanks to Chuck for the Station Art images. You should also read a few notes on Sirius support HERE .
    -Screen limiting is optional and is done by adding "screenlimit=N" to RR.INI where N is the number of screens allowed in memory (minimun of 3).
    -For now, Weather Support only works when the internet is connected. I might add Weather Cache support later. You'll need those files: Weather.zip. You should thank MSCar this code. The Weather folder should be inside RR's folder.
    -As you may have seen when I was testing a BETA version, the memory optimizations took out quite a bunch of my time during the past few weeks.. I tried about 6 different approches before defining the current one.

For as much as I don't like to, I'll spend some time improving a few things in the Brushed skins on the next few days..

As always, thank you for your support,
    Guino.

PS: Special thanks to MitchJS who was kind enough to donate one of his interface boards (soon for sale) for development purposes.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

guino
    i found bug in builtin video player...
    i found missing fregment...
    hope it helps you saving time to find it...

[modXM]

Public Function getThisTime(ByVal timein As Long) As String
    'Used to format the position and duration
    On Error Resume Next
    Dim conH As Integer
    Dim conM As Integer
    Dim conS As Integer
    Dim remTime As Long
    Dim strRetTime As String
    remTime = timein / 1000
    conH = Int(remTime / 3600)
    remTime = remTime Mod 3600
    conM = Int(remTime / 60)
    remTime = remTime Mod 60
    conS = remTime
    If conH > 0 Then strRetTime = Format(conH, "00") & ":"
    strRetTime = strRetTime & Format(conM, "00") & ":"
    strRetTime = strRetTime & Format(conS, "00")
    getThisTime = strRetTime
    Exit Function
    End Function

Comment

You forgot to update GammaControl. Use v1.2
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Ok... using your SDK example. I type in RRSCREEN and I press send and I get nothing.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

funny things happening with flash ? Just updated to this version, but now it seems that the flash bit is being overwrote by image_on when hovering over, then sometimes it stays on, then other times it disappears

CdR
          Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Guino - this is awesome! I can NOT believe how fast you shot out a SIRIUS update! I know you used MitchJS's interface, but you speak about a com port - isn't MitchJS's USB? Or is it creating a virtual com port? Thanks again for all your work, with any luck I'll be able to get in touch with Mitch and get my own interface...

Dan

Comment

Great think on the weather addon. Will do some fiddeling with ita nd can't wait for the weather cache function
              Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

Hey Guino, pardon my extreme ignorance, but where do I change the area that it gets the weather from?
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

I second that
                  Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

LOL, I was about to post the same thing
                    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Yeah, I have yet to add those options to RRConfig. I meant to mention it, and forgot (did place it in the readme.txt file though).. Add to RR.INI:

cityweather=<CITY>
                      weatherunits=USA|WORLD

Examples:
                      cityweather=Los Angeles, CA
                      weatherunits=USA

or

cityweather=Amsterdam, Netherlands
                      weatherunits=WORLD

I can't guarantee coverage for the entire world...
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                        Ok... using your SDK example. I type in RRSCREEN and I press send and I get nothing.
                        You need to use the "REQUEST" command... i.e. "REQUEST;MyApp;RRSCREEN" where 'MyApp' is the window name that will receive the message with the information requested. There are more details in Skin Commands.txt.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
                          Guino - this is awesome! I can NOT believe how fast you shot out a SIRIUS update! I know you used MitchJS's interface, but you speak about a com port - isn't MitchJS's USB? Or is it creating a virtual com port? Thanks again for all your work, with any luck I'll be able to get in touch with Mitch and get my own interface...
                          Dan
                          His USB interface simulates a COM port (serial) for easy interfacing. Direct USB control is also possible but requires extra files I didn't want to use.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                            His USB interface simulates a COM port (serial) for easy interfacing. Direct USB control is also possible but requires extra files I didn't want to use.
                            Awesome...hopefully he'll respond to my PM and I can get one of these interfaces...

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                              funny things happening with flash ? Just updated to this version, but now it seems that the flash bit is being overwrote by image_on when hovering over, then sometimes it stays on, then other times it disappears
                              CdR
                              I only found an issue with the Flashtastic skin.. the SHUFFLE/REPEAT indicators are still defined to draw the images onto the screen and RR is doing it over the flash object (new drawing functions have more power now).. but if you define them as 'Ixx,0,0,0,0' for area that won't happen.

Please give me another example of "funny thing" and I'll look into it.. I can't exepect to re-write most of the image handling and have no issues at all..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X