Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the weather?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where's the weather?

    Downloaded the update for 8/8, the latest BAV skin and the weather.zip file, but no weather?

    Am I missing something?

    Cheers

  • #2
    I got this working today....

    i unzipped the weather folder in the RR folder. Copy the skin files and the images into your skin folder. Then edit the rr.ini with the following :

    cityweather=Fairfax, VA
    weatherunits=USA

    Enter your information of course. Lastly, you have to add or edit a button on the skin to start the weather ( i just used the existing TV button). The command to launch weather is simply "WEATHER". i used the rrskineditor.

    Someone else may be able to explain better, but since this information is already in the 8-2-05 release thread i figured i'd tell you before you get flamed.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

    Comment


    • #3
      Cheers

      Comment


      • #4
        I cant get it to work. I copied all of the weather files and edited the ini file. I changed TV command to Weather in the skin. Clicking on TV does nothing. What exactly is in the RR\weather folder and RR\skins folder? Can you post the contents of each as it relates to the weather mod.

        This is driving me crazy. Since it relies on the Internet how does RR know if the internet is connected?? Maybe this is what I am missing.

        Gary


        Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
        I got this working today....

        i unzipped the weather folder in the RR folder. Copy the skin files and the images into your skin folder. Then edit the rr.ini with the following :

        cityweather=Fairfax, VA
        weatherunits=USA

        Enter your information of course. Lastly, you have to add or edit a button on the skin to start the weather ( i just used the existing TV button). The command to launch weather is simply "WEATHER". i used the rrskineditor.

        Someone else may be able to explain better, but since this information is already in the 8-2-05 release thread i figured i'd tell you before you get flamed.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the weather folder as a subfolder of my skin, it works perfectly, will only work with an internet connection atm I think though.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gobby
            I have the weather folder as a subfolder of my skin, it works perfectly, will only work with an internet connection atm I think though.
            Thanks, I got it now, the weather folder needs to be inside of the skin you are using. I had it in the root of skins.

            Great help, Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              If you click the TV button and it does nothing the problem is with your skin file. Are yo sure you have "Weather" as the code? Maybe someone that has this setup can share there skin with you. If ur using Zots i'll send you mine.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                If you click the TV button and it does nothing the problem is with your skin file. Are yo sure you have "Weather" as the code? Maybe someone that has this setup can share there skin with you. If ur using Zots i'll send you mine.
                Thanks, I got it. I am using ZOTS too. See post above.

                gary

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                  If you click the TV button and it does nothing the problem is with your skin file. Are yo sure you have "Weather" as the code? Maybe someone that has this setup can share there skin with you. If ur using Zots i'll send you mine.
                  Im using zots too, whatcha got?
                  HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GizmoQ
                    Im using zots too, whatcha got?
                    There ya go. Just make sure the WEATHER folder is in your Zots folder and you're all set
                    Attached Files
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Enforcer
                      psst weather folder should be in the RR root folder, not the skin folder
                      Ok the weather files containing the gif files go in RR root folder and the skin files go into the appropriate skins dir.

                      Thats how I have it working now.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        It's important to notice 3 things:

                        1-You need to make sure you have the weather.skin and its JPGs in the SKIN folder
                        2-You need to make sure you have the weather GIF files in a WEATHER folder under RR's folder.
                        3-You need to SEARCH the release post for the weather feature to find the above information and other useful information (links etc).
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                        "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          I've been wondering how weather could be tied to GPS location.

                          After some research, I came up with what I think is a simple solution. The weather section already checks to see if the computer has an internet connection why not create another ini file for it where we can set the home location, GPS software (MM/FD), characterset (US/Intl), etc. This info could then be used when the Weather screen is opened to check if the GPS software is embedded or not and for instance with MM get the zip code of the current location using MM;Zip. I'm sure the FD SDK has a similiar code.

                          This could also allow for a button created for home weather so you can see what the weather is at home regarless of where you are. Right now I have to manually type in the town name into RR.INI whenever I want to see a weather report away from home. And remember to change it back when I get home.
                          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            I've said this before... I will integrate it at some point... I am just trying to get a bunch of other stuff to work right first...
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                            "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X