Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 08-21-05 ... More FD support ...

In this version:

* Added "HIDECONTROLS" skin command (to hide video.dvd/mappoint controls)
    * Added support for FM preset buttons
    * Added support for FD Direction indicators on Skins
    * Added support to use GPS info from FD when it is locking the GPS port (untested)
    * Added support to minimize current embbeded application when minimizing RR
    * Added support to execute commands based on playing state (Play/Pause/Stop) -- look at exectbl.ini for details
    * Improved shutdown to wait for speech termination before exiting
    * Improved Skin switching to hide any currently embbeded applications before switching skin
    * Fixed issue with Skin Preveiew disappearing on skin browser
    * Fixed issue with SIRIUS that prevented song updates
    * Fixed issue with SIRIUS art disappearing when re-tuning same station
    * Fixed Mappoint Controls showing when clicking on the map
    * Fixed Custom labels to not update label unless the data changes
    * Fixed issue with normal startup of XMPCR

Notes:
    -Only the BINARY is available right now at: http://guino.home.insightbb.com/RoadRunnerBinary.zip (the mpug.co.uk server should be up tomorrow with the sources)
    -The FD directions are tested, but FD doesn't "cleanup" after itself after the route is deleted/completed, so the image stays the same -- can be improved on FD's side.
    -This version should be able to pull up the GPS info from FD to use along with mappoint -- I still need to take a ride to test it.

I am sorry but I have had to travel for work lately and this prevents me from working on RR because of the tight schedule.

Thanks for your support,
    Wagner.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

thanks guino. that was fast.
    my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Wow, I just updated RR on one of my computers (it was an older July version) and the memory usage went from over 16K to under 11K. Nice!
      Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
      512mb DDR333
      Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Guino, you're the man, thanks.

Quick, stupid question that I never asked - how does the playlist system in Sirius work? I couldn't really figure it out. Are you supposed to be able to save lists? Is there documentation somewhere?

Thanks,
        Dan

Comment

I've been using Road Runner with Zots for about 6 weeks now. I've taken a 2400 mile round trip during this time so I've had ample opportunity to work with it. It's an amazing program!

I do have one question though, and I don't know if this might have been addressed in this recent build or not. I use the Griffon PowerMate and have it setup to send Up and Down commands when the knob is turned. I use this to scroll up and down in the play list (it's the equivalent of hitting the up and down arrows).

When RR starts up, I can click Music to get into the music area that shows the active playlist. I can then move up and down in the play list (up and down arrow keys). This is perfect. However, once I click any other button or select a new playlist, the up and down arrows no longer work. I can correct this problem by exiting and restarting RR.

It would be cool if the up and down arrows always moved you up and down in whatever the active list might be (the playlist in this case). It would also be cool if Enter would then always select the active item (I have pressing the PowerMate mapped to Enter so I can scroll in the list and press it to play the song).

Thanks for all your hard work. The program is awesome.

Comment

As usual I am having trouble with the update on my machines – flashing, jumping to other skins, apps getting mixed up, skins disappearing all together and lockups.
            2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

thanks guino don't mean to sound like a brokan record, but have not heard anything on the video shuffle and auto night gamma...

THANKS
              Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
                Guino, you're the man, thanks.
                Quick, stupid question that I never asked - how does the playlist system in Sirius work? I couldn't really figure it out. Are you supposed to be able to save lists? Is there documentation somewhere?
                Thanks,
                Dan
                It's the same as XM playlists. There are 5 buttons, Add List, Del List, Add Station, Del Station and Change list.

Add list->Enter name on OSK, new list is created, then click Add Station (+) to enter the channels to add (as many as you want).
                Select a channel on list and hit del station (-) to delete it from the list.
                Del List will delete the current list.
                To switch lists press the EYE button (top left)

There are no confirmation screens as of yet, but they're easy to make with basic skinning.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

The problem is that you should be sending commands directly to RR instead of simulating keypresses. I believe you should be able to do that with Girder (even 3.29 -- free) and a plugin... you should search on this, there are many users using that thing...

Anyway, just open up ExecTBL.ini, read it and map the keys to the commands you wish to execute... You should use "UP" and "DOWN" to always control the playlist on the audio player, and you should use "PLAY" to always play the selected song on the audio player. This has been addressed before, so please search next time.

Originally posted by White Night
                  I've been using Road Runner with Zots for about 6 weeks now. I've taken a 2400 mile round trip during this time so I've had ample opportunity to work with it. It's an amazing program!

I do have one question though, and I don't know if this might have been addressed in this recent build or not. I use the Griffon PowerMate and have it setup to send Up and Down commands when the knob is turned. I use this to scroll up and down in the play list (it's the equivalent of hitting the up and down arrows).

When RR starts up, I can click Music to get into the music area that shows the active playlist. I can then move up and down in the play list (up and down arrow keys). This is perfect. However, once I click any other button or select a new playlist, the up and down arrows no longer work. I can correct this problem by exiting and restarting RR.

It would be cool if the up and down arrows always moved you up and down in whatever the active list might be (the playlist in this case). It would also be cool if Enter would then always select the active item (I have pressing the PowerMate mapped to Enter so I can scroll in the list and press it to play the song).

Thanks for all your hard work. The program is awesome.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                    As usual I am having trouble with the update on my machines – flashing, jumping to other skins, apps getting mixed up, skins disappearing all together and lockups.
                    Man, I siriously don't know what's going on... I have not changed a single thing with the skinning portion of the software lately (since the 8/9 patch).. I'll try your skin again to see though..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                      The problem is that you should be sending commands directly to RR instead of simulating keypresses. I believe you should be able to do that with Girder (even 3.29 -- free) and a plugin... you should search on this, there are many users using that thing...

Anyway, just open up ExecTBL.ini, read it and map the keys to the commands you wish to execute... You should use "UP" and "DOWN" to always control the playlist on the audio player, and you should use "PLAY" to always play the selected song on the audio player. This has been addressed before, so please search next time.
                      I did search on PowerMate and read the Girder information. The pricetag of Girder seemed excessive for the simple task I wanted to do though. Thanks for the ini suggestion. Modifying the keyTBL.ini did the trick. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Comment

girder 3.29 is free. Try searching in these forums.

WhiteNight, you also have to download the Powermate plugin here.

http://www.promixis.com/downloads.ph...er&lucCode=800

It allows your PowerMate to send events to Girder which, in turn, sends commands to RR. Like you said, it allows you to send different commands to RR from just one button.
                        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
                          girder 3.29 is free. Try searching in these forums.
                          Okay, I found your thread on Girder and the links to the free version. I just finished skimming through the documentation for Girder. It looks like I could have the PowerMate work one way in the main Music window (scroll up/down & play) and work a different way in the Playlist window (scroll up/down, select song to add to playlist, etc). I'm going to have to try this out because if it works, it would be very cool. Thanks again. Sorry to take this thread so far off topic. I do appreciate everyone's help.

Comment

Guino,
                            how exactly do the radio preset buttons work? I did not read anything in the skin command file.
                            If I want to preset a station frequency, I tune to 101.10 and press one of my preset buttons for 2 sec. then that station is added to my station list? What exactly is the command on those buttons?
                            Thanks,
                            Manny

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                              Man, I siriously don't know what's going on... I have not changed a single thing with the skinning portion of the software lately (since the 8/9 patch).. I'll try your skin again to see though..

It is the worst when I load my TV skin with 2 apps 1 embedded (Scanner) and the tv is not embedded ATI or wintv2000. Then the skin will start flashing 1 or 2 times a second and then stop or disappear all together and I have to quit RR from the taskbar. If it stops flashing and I try to move the TV it start flashing again even if I move the TV way off rr.

My ExecTBL.ini file
                              "AUDIO","LOAD;audio_player.skin;MP3's;E:\arc hack\bc250p.exe;!ThunderRT6FormDC!Form1||ACTIVATE; RoadRunner"
                              "XM","LOAD;XM.skin;XM;E:\arc hack\bc250p.exe;!ThunderRT6FormDC!Form1||ACTIVATE; RoadRunner||ACTIVATE;RoadRunner"
                              "RADIO","LOAD;Radio_Player.skin;FM Radio;E:\arc hack\bc250p.exe;!ThunderRT6FormDC!Form1||ACTIVATE; RoadRunner"
                              "TV","LOAD;ATI TV.SKIN;TV;E:\arc hack\bc250p.exe;!ThunderRT6FormDC!Form1||RUN;C:\Pr ogram Files\WinTV\WinTV2K.EXE||SHOWWINDOW;TV;True"
                              "GPS","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.skin;Navigation;E:\Progra m Files\Street Atlas USA 2004+\SA2004+.exe;DeLorme Street Atlas USA® 2004 Plus - Map File 1"
                              "LISTII","LOAD;audio_browser.skin;LIST;E:\arc hack\bc250p.exe;!ThunderRT6FormDC!Form1||ACTIVATE; RoadRunner"
                              "Scanner","LOAD;SCANNERII.SKIN;SCANNER;E:\arc hack\bc250p.exe;ARC250 - Virtual Control"
                              "Car","LOAD;Car Care.SKIN;Car Care;E:\Program Files\CARCare\cc32.exe;CARCare©||ACTIVATE;RoadRunn er"
                              "Fix","RUN;E:\Program Files\Road Runner\Control\Fix.exe"
                              "MPG","RUN;E:\Program Files\Road Runner\Control\MPG.exe"
                              "Gas","RUN;E:\Program Files\Road Runner\Control\Gas.exe"
                              "XM2","LOAD;XM2.skin;XM;E:\arc hack\bc250p.exe;!ThunderRT6FormDC!Form1||ACTIVATE; RoadRunner"
                              "RAnd","ACTIVATE;Playlist Editor||SENDKEY;^+r||RELOADLIST"
                              "REV","ACTIVATE;Playlist Editor||SENDKEY;^r||RELOADLIST"
                              "ABC","ACTIVATE;Playlist Editor||SENDKEY;^+1||RELOADLIST"
                              "APPS","LOAD;Calc.skin;Calculator;C:\Program Files\Calc\CALC.EXE;Calc98||ACTIVATE;RoadRunner"
                              "QB","RUN;E:\Program Files\Road Runner\Control\MPG.exe"
                              "Clock","LOAD;Clock.skin;Clock;E:\Program Files\Road Runner\clock\alarm.exe;Banshee Screamer Alarm||ACTIVATE;RoadRunner"
                              "OUTLOOK","LOAD;OUTLOOK.skin;Outlook;C:\Progra m Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE;!rctrl_renwnd32||ACTIVAT E;RoadRunner"
                              "BAR","LOAD;BAR.skin||SHOWWINDOW;TV;False"
                              2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Working...
                              X