Using windows media player in RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using windows media player in RR

I want to use WMP 10 for music and videos.
    I have tried many settings in rrconfig but no luck.
    Can someone help me out please..

Thanks

-d

Uh, RR is based on Winamp, its not just something you can set in
    a config file.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

well put... WMP is not currently an option in RR.. it is something that we may add in the future (but not anytime soon). Right now winamp MUST be used for audio... Videos/DVD can be selected between a few options but WMP is not one of them.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks for the info...
        What version of winamp works the best?

Comment

2.9, Now check the RR FAQ towards the top of the forum threads for other easy questions...
          Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
          512mb DDR333
          Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Winamp is good enough for audio. What I really miss is an embedded video screen. I don't want to watch video on full screen all the time. Is that possible? Mayby also the feature of playing audio/video in the same screen. (like Frodo) vis while playing audio, video while playing (music) videos.

Comment

TheKingPlaza, you can use a skin that has Video embedded in an area. The iRunner skin does this. I'm actually doing this as well. I modded Zot's audio player skin and use the playlist area for video.
              iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
              CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
                TheKingPlaza, you can use a skin that has Video embedded in an area. The iRunner skin does this. I'm actually doing this as well. I modded Zot's audio player skin and use the playlist area for video.
                Almost.. it still wants to break out to full screen. I want to push a button to see video full screen. Also can't figure out to get sound from all the speaker with this (video) player. Can I configure that?

Comment

You have to set Auto Hide to false in RR.ini.

However, I'm having problem with this, too. If I set it to false, there's no way to zoom to fullscreen right now. The latest version of RR supports the new command "HIDECONTROLS" which will hide the skin. However, the Video area still stays small. I can't send a key shortcut to mplayerc.exe either. I guess you or I could ask guino.
                  iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                  CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

greatest problem I expierence is the fact I can't get sound over all my speakers. Only the front jack gives me audio. On the other one is my rear/sub. (4:1)

Comment

Which Video player are you using? MPC or the Built in player (verify the option in RRConfig).
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                      X