Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equalizer probs

Hi,

I´m testing RR with BMV2. The EQ-Settings in RR schows me on the left side buttons like pop, rock ... When I touch, nothing happens. In winamp the EQ is on. Could you help me?

Ti-ejtsch

you have to set the presets before you can use them. Search for "equalizer preset" and you should find your answer
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Hi,

thanks a lot, but i think my english is terrible. Where to set the presets? I searched but I cant´find anything for RR.

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

the SAME buttons SAVE and LOAD the presets... set the EQ settings, press and HOLD (until the button redraws) and it will save the CURRENT settings, do the same for the other buttons.. once they're saved, just click them quickly and and it will load the presets as you saved them.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hi,

great, it works! Thanks a lot, and sorry for my bad english and missunderstanding!

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

I know this is an old thred but has any one develped these settings ? I know its easy to input what the EQs do but who knows what they should be ie...

Pop =
            Jazz =
            Classic =
            Club = etc etc

?

Terran
            My Project Site

Comment

you mean the "defaults" for each setting? That could vary greatly between two different setups. Best bet is to just listen to each style of music n try to match it to your interest
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

My point is there are no settings for those buttons and I would like to match the audio form in the same way a car stereo would for them not just what sounds good...

( if you see what I mean )

Terran
                My Project Site

Comment

Messed around with presets tonight and I have to say I need some good schooling because I am having a boat load of issues. Maybe because I'm missing something.

How do I get JUST the eq settings to change and not the volume levels? I have been going into Winamp and loading each of the presets I want followed by loading RR and saving the settings. I then start over til I have all my presets done. The presets are working but my volume is going back to what it was when I saved the settings.

If I am at 50% volume and I hit ROCK preset it will jump my volume back to 7% becaus it was at 7% when I saved. I think it might have something with auto in Winamp but don't I need to keep this?

Can I just use the saved EQF files. I don't care to load separate EQ settings for each of my songs I only care to change when the GENRE changes.

Please help.

Thanks,
                  Chuck

Comment

Read Skin Commands.txt in what it regards to the PRESET command.. there is a way to save only Mixer, only Winamp EQ or both (default).

There's also a way to save individual "autoload" presets for winamp EQs, and a command to toggle autoloading EQs ON/OFF... read skin commands.txt -- it's all in there.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

same boat here, as chuckster, whenever i save a preset the volume automaticly goes to zero, not sure why. I didnt have the patience to figure it out though, i use the eq on my headunit so it didnt matter to me, all sound from the comp is leveled out.
                      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

you get zero volume when SAVING a preset ?? there's no code whatsoever to mess with the mixer when saving a preset, it only READS the mixer...

You can try deleting the .pst files and re-saving the presets.. it may help to post one of your .pst files (if when you load it, it always set the volume to zero)

This are examples to save/load presets for Mixer Only and for Winamp Only:
                        "PRESET;Loud;Mixer"
                        "PRESET;Pop;Winamp"
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

This are examples to save/load presets for Mixer Only and for Winamp Only:
                          "PRESET;Loud;Mixer"
                          "PRESET;Pop;Winamp"

Guino, What is meant by this? I guess what are the differences? If the mixer eq uses winamps eq should I be using the ;mixer or ;winamp. I guess I'm a little confused how to use this. I did read the skin commands text file but it leaves me with a number of questions.

My main goal is just to have some presets that will change the eq only. I would like to be able to use the presets without worrying of over writing. Is there an option to just load and not load/save a preset? Maybe one or more presets on my skin can be configurable with the load/save but I would like the others as static settings (ie ROCK, RAP, BLUES, CUSTOM1, CUSTOM2) where the first three are static and the last two are customizable.

Thanks
                          Chuck

Comment

If you just want to use presets for WINAMP EQ, then you should add the ;WINAMP behind your preset commands.. that's all there's to it.

"PRESET;Rap;Winamp"
                            "PRESET;Pop;Winamp"

etc.
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                              If you just want to use presets for WINAMP EQ, then you should add the ;WINAMP behind your preset commands.. that's all there's to it.

"PRESET;Rap;Winamp"
                              "PRESET;Pop;Winamp"

etc.
                              I think thats what I was looking for.... Like I said I wanted to get the right audio curve for what ever preset rather than make my own which probably would be wrong - not jsut how to save them.

Just a thought - might be worth saving these in the bundled skin as default so you dont keep getting asked - then if people want to change they can search and do it.

Terran
                              My Project Site

Comment

Working...
                              X