Volume issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume issues

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me with a little p[roblem I am having with my carputer. When I start RR volvume is as it was when I left it, say 80%. As soon as I touch the volume control either up or down the volume drops rght down to near nothing. I then have to go right down to 0% then it comes back up as normal, or go to 100% and keep pressing it and it still goes up until it actually reaches full volume.

This is really starting to annoy me and want to get it sorted before I put it all in the car next week. I did a search but seems no one has had this problem. I am using a AMD athlon 1g, 512mb ram, SBlive sound card, winxp, RR.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard,
    What skin are you using?
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by DiNASTY
      Richard,
      What skin are you using?

Zots ZD grey

Comment

i have this problem too with the same skin.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

I have this problem as well. I think I see it with other skins as well, but it's been several days so I have to go back and double check.

I'm using the recommended Winamp 2.95.

Z
          Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardB
            Meelobee's Zd Grey
            Fixed

I doubt it's got anything to do with the skin, I've installed it on a couple of setups now and didn't have the problem you describe.

Comment

Creative is known to have some crappy drivers out there. Just make sure you have the latest sound card drivers and the latest RR. I'd also recommend TESTING a different skin to see if the problem occurs -- If NOT, then its a skin issue, if it does, then most likely the driver/rr update should fix it.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Cheers guys, will try find the sound card drivers on the net, wish me luck! Will get back to you with a reply, im using winamp 5 at the moment though, will perhaps change down to 2.95 as I guess 5 is just using more memory etc than needed.

Cheers,

Richard

Comment

Downloaded and installed drivers, no problems there. Tried some different skins, didnt make a difference. Now using Winamp 2.95, still got the problem.

Whats exactly happening is as follows,

Master volume and Wave/MP3 volume all about 75%

Start RR plays fine at correct volume

Go to turn volume up one click and says 80% but volume has dropped right down

Looking at the mixer, the master volume has dropped right down, turning it up in RR then moves all the volume levels up till they reach 100%, then the master continues until they are all at 100% (if you keep pressing it), then volume up and down work normally.

This also means the wave/MP3 volume is 100% nd get distortion if I turn the volume up.

Its driving me crazy, anyone got any clues? Did it on my old machine too I think, that was on internal sound card though.

RR is latest version.

Anymore ideas for me guys, want to fit the computer starting tomorrow but driving me mad!

Cheers,

Richard

Comment

basically you're saying that the volume up/down buttons are messing with ALL of the mixer lines (not only master but wave/aux/cd etc) ?? If so, post your RR.INI ... also, tell me what setting you have for "map master volume to" (music section in RRConfig).
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Sorted it now, sorry for all the posts. Had a look through the settings in RR and found the option for what the volume control actually changes. Set it to just change the wave/MP3 volume and works now

Final quastion on this matter, is it better to set the wave/mp3 volume and control the master vol, or set the master volume and control the wave/mp3?

Just thinking of how loud the GPS will be or does that go through winamp?

Cheers,

Richard

Comment

I had the same problem as Richard and I also second that mapping the master control to "Wave" corrects the issue.

Comment

I have a similar problem. The volume is under 100% all ok. but when i volume up until 100% it wont to go down anymore. i have to minimize the rr and down the master volume manually. and all is ok again.

I have tested with all "map master volume to" config

Comment

Originally posted by zaccaro View Post
                            I have a similar problem. The volume is under 100% all ok. but when i volume up until 100% it wont to go down anymore. i have to minimize the rr and down the master volume manually. and all is ok again.
                            I have tested with all "map master volume to" config
                            For all I know if you update your drivers it will fix it.
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Where is this setting located? I am having the same problem.
                              10 acura TL tech
                              10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

Working...
                              X