No announcement yet.

Phone control

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone control

Hey guys,

im a new to all this stuff, im currently planning an install which will take place next week, (off work )

One of the most confusing things that i need help with is the whole phone bits #n# pieces,

I have a incar phone kit (proper nokia jobby) but i would like to be able to controll the dial and stuff through RR

Is this easy to set up ? any help would be great

You should look through the phonecontrol forums.. it is not just any phone that can be integrated..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

what kind of kit to you have?? i think there are phone kits available whith a serial connector. if you have such one, i think it should accept the AT commands and then it should work...

IMO if you have a incar phone kit you are probably better off just sticking with that, unless there is something specific you want to do that you cant do with the hardware.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

I have a Sony Ericsson K750 in combination with a SE bluetooth carkit, but I still use phonecontrol also. The sound goes through the carkit, but phonecontrol lowers the volume and I can browse phonebook and stuff. I'm very satisfied with the combination (using only phonecontrol wasn't 100% satisfaction for me so I bought the carkit)

Wow thanks for all the input

i got a nokia 6310i and it would be better to control it from the touch screen but still have the sound going through the hardwire handsfree like party B

if you use a 6310 you probably have an "old" car kit...
              so set up your computer to only connect a serial bluetooth connection to the phone but NO headset!!!
              then it should work. (but look to the phoco forum if your phone is supported)