Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please I've broke it!

Hi,
    I'm using PowerDVD in RR with LS3.0 skin. I'm using an external one as Mplayer is choppy with my H/W. Somehow I've managed to screw up PowerDVD in RR. I've reinstalled PowerDVD, and it works fine outside RR but I've still got the same screwed up settings in RR. Is there a settings file I can replace or edit to resolve the issue?
    Cheers,
    Gavin.
    Stuff: Via M10K, 60Gb 2.5", Sony slim combo, Travla case, carnetix PSU, Shuttle Express,12" tft!

Progess: Fitted,Works,Looks kinda ugly!

Prizes to date: Winner of Most Ghetto, Digital Car meet Oct'05!!

Originally posted by Bat
    Hi,
    I'm using PowerDVD in RR with LS3.0 skin. I'm using an external one as Mplayer is choppy with my H/W. Somehow I've managed to screw up PowerDVD in RR. I've reinstalled PowerDVD, and it works fine outside RR but I've still got the same screwed up settings in RR. Is there a settings file I can replace or edit to resolve the issue?
    Cheers,
    Gavin.
    Hey Gav

Can't help you with your problem as I don't use RR.............yet!

Nice to meet you yesterday, congrats on winning the ghetto class I did like your dash though and will look into to getting my Landy clocks converted to digi format.
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Best thing to do mate, rename rr.ini and rerun RRConfig and redo the settings

Comment

Thanks

Hi,
        Yes it's nice to meet people, cause you can't tell what they look like on here! I was chuffed to bits to win a prize! Gonna get my certificate framed too! Gonna have to put a post in the hardware hacking section for my USB coffee warmer!!!!!!!
        Cheers,
        Gavin.
        Stuff: Via M10K, 60Gb 2.5", Sony slim combo, Travla case, carnetix PSU, Shuttle Express,12" tft!

Comment

More help needed

HI,
          @ Gobby, I've just tried your suggestion, which is a good idea as it give you a blank RR.ini to start from. But it didn't fix my problem
          Cheers,
          Gavin.

Comment

What is WinDVD actually doing when trying to run from RR, or should I say, what isn't it doing??

Comment

Hmm

Hi,
              The pop up skin(remote control looking thingy!) won't go away, I click minimise and it does, and the comes straight back up! Also I've noticed I'm getting the top line of the GPS skin and the top of another skin underneath it, hang on..... A picture says a thousand words,please don't laugh too loud!!! I could uninstall RR and reinstall, but don't want to as it usually makes it worse( when I do it anyway!)
              Cheers,
              Gavin.

Comment

The worst part (or should I say the most ****up part) or RR is the video/dvd capability whereas everything else is perfect. I don't use RR for movie so I have no complain.
                BTW, there is a setting in PowerDVD that allow you to autohide the control pannel. The old version I use has that option. You may check that part somewhere in the setup.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Some versions of PowerDVD/WinDVD don't embed nicely as an external app. As you're using PowerDVD 5, I recommend trying the POWERDVD skin made FOR IT, on the BMV2 and BAV2 skins. You'll need to open menu.skin on those and comment/uncomment the propper DVD button definition to load PowerDVD_player.skin.

I don't believe the LS3 skin has this screen, but you can copy it from the Brushed skins if you want.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                  X