Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance NATIVE in Road Runner

Ok,

So I started taking a look at iGuidance the other week and although the maps are not as pretty as MapPoint, I've been convereted due to the reliability of the tracking, routing, rerouting and the 3D view.

So, I then started taking a look at the mods. The problem then arrose that I was used to tight integration of the GPS app into Road Runner...

So... I set out to integrate iGuidance as a Native GPS app in Road Runner.

Now, this is only a PRE ALPHA but can be downloaded from http://carpc.harteveldt.com

I would like to thank PURDooM for his suggestions / sample code / ideas on a few hacks.

So far I have iGuidance map window integrated with the main ig_gps.skin. No other functionality is provided, but PLEASE give it a try... I suggest that you take the your rr.exe and make a backup...

Please let me know what you think and also let me know if you try it! I have only done a skin for BMV2... (which was an altered copy of mappoint_gps.skin)... You could alter your Skin and generate a ig_gps.skin.

Andrew
    06 Volvo XC90
    Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
    Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

care to post a screenshot???
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

What, you don't trust me

06 Volvo XC90
      Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR

Comment

looks great. Keep us posted on the progress. Do the buttons stay there or do they pop up like the Video skin?
        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

They popup the same as the video and MapPoint skin... (at the moment this is a copy of the MapPoint skin! The only things that work are:

TIME
          DATE
          GPS info at the top of the window
          AUDIO Buttons
          EXIT / Return button
          And the Regular iGuidance GPS tracking would be displayed on the map

I shall look at adding the View functionality next to swap between 3D and 2D modes
          06 Volvo XC90

Comment

im not sure i understand whats the difference between this and just embeding IG and making a skin?
            Are there additional features supported that you cant allready do?
            I like the idea of having the menu pop up and having more map area, but what else?

also, if you need a list of IG sendkey commands, take a look at my skin
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Well for starters you there is already the skinning functionality provided by Road Runner. Secondly you get the integration with the other features, such as showing the temperaturs, showing current song / change song / change radio station etc. from within your iGuidance skin.
              06 Volvo XC90

Comment

yea i guess i dont get it either. I thought maybe it was something so that you didnt have to worry about iguidance windows etc. But it sounds like what i'm already doing with zots skin.
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

The ability to have direct skin commands to control iGuidance instead of a bunch of sendkeys is awesome. The next request is, of course, skinnable OSK (or better yet, integrating RR's own OSK into iGuidance).

I don't like the popup controls though. Is there an option for them to stay fixed?
                  iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                  CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by skippy76
                    I shall look at adding the View functionality next to swap between 3D and 2D modes
                    "ACTIVATE;iGuidance||SENDKEY;{3}||GETFOCUS","Toggl e 3D View"
                    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Well yes, there is that as well. The idea being that you don't have to worry about the iGuidance windows...

It's ok guys, if you don't want it I'll just develop it for myself It's not like I'm asking for $$$ or anything!
                      06 Volvo XC90

Comment

The above method uses app swapping and key sending. The integrated method that I use revolves around getting the handles of each of the actual commands, so it is faster and more robust. It also gives a greater feeling of real integration.
                        06 Volvo XC90

Comment

I like it great Idea I always wanted to be able to do functions for ig like you can do with rr intergrated mappoint
                          mp3car infill g4

Comment

Originally posted by skippy76
                            Well for starters you there is already the skinning functionality provided by Road Runner. Secondly you get the integration with the other features, such as showing the temperaturs, showing current song / change song / change radio station etc. from within your iGuidance skin.
                            you can allready do all of that minus the temp which IG has nothing to do with.

Im not trying to rag on what your trying to do, im just trying to understand what it is your doing and whats the benifit of doing it this way.
                            If its a better way im more than happy to hop on board.
                            I understand, if you can send commands directly, yeah its better than send key, but how are you sending commands from RR to IG without using sendkey?
                            I also see there is no file menu, how did you go about doing this or is same as other methods (skinbedder etc).

Dont let us deter you, we just want to know more about what it is.
                            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

The benefit I see ls less clutter you can have a full ig screen and have the pop up come up when you want to zoom change views and other stuff like mute and other stuff in my pioneer screen I have a lot of ig commands mapped but would have liked to map a lot more so this is kind of a nice solution .
                              mp3car infill g4

Comment

Working...
                              X