Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 10-16-05 ... A few requests ...

In this version:

-Added support for offsets on Phidget sensors (Thanks to skippy76)
    -Added support for displaying selected folder/file name on labels
    -Added support for pulling the current album art from flash/SDK
    -Added option to limit "back" button on audio/video browsers (default)
    -Added option to "speed up" screen loadings while disabling pink clipping feature
    -Added jump/skip commands from current position and to immmdiate text
    -Added definition to allow executing command after so many seconds, or idle seconds
    -Fixed issue with searching winamp library on latest winamp versions

Notes:
    -Phidgets offsets are for calibration of sensors and are set with RR.INI entries for each sensor: phidgetX=<OFFSET>
    -There are three new label codes for improving the new browse views
    -There is now a label code "ALBUMART" to allow loading images from Flash/SDK
    -The music/video path will now, be limited by default. If you wish to allow "backing up" past the music/video path, add this to RR.INI: pathlimit=false
    -To speed up the first load of screens, you can add this to RR.INI: enableclipping=false... this will prevent RR from scanning the images for transparency areas, which should improve considerably the load time of screens.
    -There are three new commands for letter-based list navigation: "PREVLETTER", "SKIPLETTER" and "SKIPTO;X" check skin commands.txt for details..
    -There is now a way to execute a command after idleling for so many seconds and/or after so many seconds of loading a screen. Just check the IDL and TMR skin definitions and the events "TIMER" and "IDLE" will be fired when appropriate. You can define global or screen-based commands to be executed by such events on ExecTBL.INI (the global one or the one from the skin's folder)

I was just in a very good mood today and had a little time left, so I decided to attend to some of the requests from skinners...
    Thanks for your support,
    Guino.

PS: if you have any new code, changes or fixes, please email me with the changes and I'll be more than glad to add it to the main sources..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Thanks guino. I see there are like 4 or 5 current threads asking you questions. How the hell do you have time to answer and program Keep up the good work.
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      -Added option to limit "back" button on audio/video browsers (default)
      Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

You have no idea how much frustration this will save me trying to correct someone else's erroneous browsing as I'm trying to drive.
      2003 Toyota Camry V6
      Kenwood Excelon 790 HU, VIA C7 + M2-ATX, Xenarc 700TSV, and 5 discreetly installed amps.

Comment

Thanks Guino!

You've made my evil sister slightly less evil!

Comment

Guino-

You managed to fill all my requests in 1 version change! that's incredible. donation is on the way

Comment

guino, any chance you're going to implement Video playlist and Video clip on the same screen?

Also, is there a RELOADLIST equivallence for Video?

Thanks.
            iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
            CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

What ever happened to longer time inbetween the updates...

I AM IN NO WAY COMPLAINING....

I think that in a couple more weeks I'm going to have to up the 'ol donation again...

I stand by my sig, period.

Thanks!!
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Great work... have some more code mods / additions comming your way for the next exciting release!

Keep up the good work!

Andrew
                06 Volvo XC90
                Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
                Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Comment

Just dropping a note to say great work Guino

Comment

In this version:

-To speed up the first load of screens, you can add this to RR.INI: enableclipping=false... this will prevent RR from scanning the images for transparency areas, which should improve considerably the load time of screens.
                    Seems to have no effect for me. Still takes forever. I posted on the other thread that it seems like this speed issue started between the 7/3 and 7/15 versions.

Comment

awesome job guino

Any word on DVD commands in RR? (menu/title/chapter skip/language change)

That would be the ultimate for DVD playback to be embedded in your app!

Video shuffle/playlists support would be awesome too

thanks again
                      '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Getting 403 - Forbidden at the moment. Perhaps the server is full. I'll try again later.

Derek
                        Progress [||-------]
                        View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
                        Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

Yeah, I must second DVD Menu.... it is a pain to never be able to get it again once the film starts
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

-There is now a way to execute a command after idleling for so many seconds and/or after so many seconds of loading a screen. Just check the IDL and TMR skin definitions and the events "TIMER" and "IDLE" will be fired when appropriate. You can define global or screen-based commands to be executed by such events on ExecTBL.INI (the global one or the one from the skin's folder)
                            Will this work for the XM issue a couple of us appear to be having when placing XM in the start command?

Can this timer be used only on startup and not be active once the application is started? For instance if we need a delay for XM to start on RR Load of lets say 3 seconds then will that affect the XM skin load everytime XM screen is selected from the Menu. Do not want a delay for every instance of XM skin load as I thik it is only needed when RR loads for the first time.

Thanks,
                            Chuck

Comment

download is forbidden.. guino read pm!

Comment

Working...
                              X