Phidget Encoder and RR Volume Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phidget Encoder and RR Volume Control

I have a phidget encoder and have it programed to control the volume and mute functions in windows. It works fine controlling volume and mute.

When I am in RR, it does nothing? Am I missing something? As soon as I go back to explorer it works again.

Any help is appreciated.
    2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
    2005 Hummer H2

Originally posted by BLOWNZO6_pc
    I have a phidget encoder and have it programed to control the volume and mute functions in windows. It works fine controlling volume and mute.
    When I am in RR, it does nothing? Am I missing something? As soon as I go back to explorer it works again.
    Any help is appreciated.
    RR opens the phidgets card for monitoring of sensors, that probably prevents your encoder from working... I've been meaning to add extra support for phidget boards, but I have no way of testing it without the card...
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

What is your mailing address?

I am just in Knoxville, BTW.
      2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
      2005 Hummer H2

Comment

It's nice to see someone else using phidgets!

If you integrate this control into RR, could we start to designate phidget ports to specific sensors to allow easier skinning?

E.g. PHID01 and PHID02 being external and internal temps, then maybe PHID03 being your volume control.
        06 Volvo XC90
        Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
        Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Comment

I got a 4 relay setup and the encoder.

They were both pretty easy to get going.. I don't know VB very well but was about to get them going from using program examples and fumbling through it.

Here is the page I made that is already embedded into RR for my Corvette skin, it will control 4 relays.

I am going to control my line lock with it... don't have anything else as of yet. But the possibilities are endless.
          2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
          2005 Hummer H2

Comment

pardon me for my ignorance... Line lock?
            06 Volvo XC90
            Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR

Comment

Originally posted by skippy76
              pardon me for my ignorance... Line lock?
              Sorry.. Line Lock is a solenoid for locking only the front brakes when you do a burnout. I have a 2002 Corvette ZO6 with a bit over 600HP at the rear wheels. I use a line lock to hold the car in place when I heat up the tires at the burn out box at the track.
              2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
              2005 Hummer H2

Comment

Oh, ok... I guess that makes sense.
                06 Volvo XC90

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  RR opens the phidgets card for monitoring of sensors, that probably prevents your encoder from working... I've been meaning to add extra support for phidget boards, but I have no way of testing it without the card...
                  Also if you wanted, you could just send me what you have and I can test it.

I am suggesting this if you just rather have a larger donation than the phidget.
                  2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
                  2005 Hummer H2

Comment

At the minute I'm looking at a more practical and managable way of integrating this into RR. It needs to have the ability to be used in other deployments.

I guess having an an action buttont that calls a phidget relay would be a start.
                    06 Volvo XC90

Comment

At the minute I'm looking at a more practical and managable way of integrating this into RR. It needs to have the ability to be used in other deployments.

I guess having an an action buttont that calls a phidget relay would be a start.
                      From what I can see anyone with some decent VB skill could incorporate this into pretty much any skin or any page in RR.

Seems like it anyway.. I just don't have the skill to do it as of yet.
                      2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
                      2005 Hummer H2

Comment

Yes, I can certainly do that. I'm just trying to figure out the best way so that it is reussable without reinventing the wheel each time.

I have some work to get done at the min (and some wedding things to take care of), but I shall take a look a bit later.

I suggest a tag of PHIDRLXX (where XX is 01 through 08). I'll then code this into Road Runner so that it can be assigned to skin buttons.
                        06 Volvo XC90

Comment

BTW, which version of Road Runner are you currently running? I'll wind up sending you a test RR.exe to try it with... I shall probably build upon the latest release to save hassles in the future.
                          06 Volvo XC90

Comment

BTW, which version of Road Runner are you currently running? I'll wind up sending you a test RR.exe to try it with... I shall probably build upon the latest release to save hassles in the future.
                            Yes that is what I am looking for.. a way to assign it to a button. I have good computer experience but not a lot of VB experience, so being a Mechanical Engineer, I end up kind of "reverse engineering" my way to a solution rather than actually having the first had knowledge with it to program it from scratch.

I am using the most current version.. I think it is the 10/16/05 file now.

I will be happy to check whatever you have. If you do it... I think programming so that there are 8 possible outputs would be more than enough. The other thing that would be nice.. since we are talking wishes here... is they have an 8 input controller too. Would be nice if RR could get feedback from them as well. Baby steps I guess... LOL. The output relay incorporation would be great.
                            2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
                            2005 Hummer H2

Comment

We'll start with relays as this can be used in many different scenarios.

Once we start reading inputs, that requires reactions (usually). Therefore it customises RR further... Lets cross that bridge later.

Andrew
                              06 Volvo XC90

Comment

Working...
                              X