Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing a .wav file when internet is online.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing a .wav file when internet is online.

I have something similar to chuck's skin right now and I would like a .wav file to play when there is an internet connection available. Is there a way to have both the online graphic and a sound ?

Thanks

speak that its online using the skin commands, or even just put the path to a wav file to see if it plays it ... may do ....

Comment

In which way i can use the ONLINE indicator to play a .WAV file when there is a internet connection ? Now it shows a graphic (i want to use both if possible).
      I got the autonetdetect running and there's a path to run when internet detected but then i need a .exe to run, and i dont know a good way to make a .WAV into an executable file ?

Comment

here is how to play a .wav

make a folder in your skin folder and add this playfile.exe and the wav file you want to play

"RUN;$CHUCKSPATH$Installs\sound\playfile.exe|Bell. wav"
        and change the path to your folder and wav
        Attached Files
        2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

look at the BYIND command in skin commands.txt
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            look at the BYIND command in skin commands.txt
            Thnx a lot, but i dont know exactly in what form i used the commands a lot but this command is not reacting, could you give an example using the play.exe ?

Comment

Is there any way to use playfile.exe with AutoNetDetect using its online event?
              I cant modify the skin cos its Freedom!
              How do i tell Playfile what wav to play so that i just have to launch playfile.
              P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

This will say on line and off line one time for each switch with the say command.

Code:
                First you have to have a trigger to check the online status every so often.
                Here is one way to do this with timer.

Add TMR 15 -15 seconds- to all your .skin files you want it to work with
                TMR 15

Next the command to check online status.

ExecTBL.ini file entry
                "Timer","BYVAR;ONLINECHECK;RUNONLINESAY<<"
                "RUNONLINESAY","BYIND;ONLINE;SAYOFFLINE<<SAYONLINE"
                "SAYONLINE","BYVAR;CHECKON;SAYONLINENOW"
                "SAYOFFLINE","BYVAR;CHECKOFF;SAYOFFLINENOW"
                "SAYONLINENOW","SAY;on line||SETVAR;CHECKON;1||SETVAR;CHECKOFF;0"
                "SAYOFFLINENOW","SAY;off line||SETVAR;CHECKOFF;1||SETVAR;CHECKON;0"

Button to turn it on/off
                "BYVAR;ONLINECHECK;SETVAR;ONLINECHECK;1<<SETVAR;ONLINECHECK;0"

To use the playfile.exe just change these
                "SAYONLINENOW","RUN;path\playfile.exe|online.wav||SETVAR;CHECKON;1||SETVAR;CHECKOFF;0"
                "SAYOFFLINENOW","RUN;path\playfile.exe|offline.wav||SETVAR;CHECKOFF;1||SETVAR;CHECKON;0"
                2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Great,but do you also have a way based on the autonetdetect script (written here on the forum) ? ONLINE indicator does online check for "any connection (say LAN)" the autonetdetect deos really pings a given hostname/ip.
                  I want to get a SAYcommand/wave played depend on the result of autonetdetect (in which i also got the wifihopper scripts implented by online/offlineapp commandline in config)

Autonetdetect is based into menu.skin like this :

I02,53,33,142,24,"EXISTS;C:\connected.txt"
                  IMG,53,33,142,24,"online.jpg",ON

Comment

I do not know about that autonetdetect script.

But all you would have to do is change this line
                    "RUNONLINESAY","BYIND;ONLINE;SAYOFFLINE<<SAYONLINE "
                    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Chuck, I've not looked at your skins yet - I'm still getting my head around BMV2.

Would the above commands work in BMV2 or does your skin have extra functionality that's not available there?

Thanks,
                      Ken

Comment

Chuck, thanks for helping us out, how do i change the line :

RUNONLINESAY","BYIND;ONLINE;SAYOFFLINE<<SAYONLINE "

Into "EXISTS;c:\connected.txt"
                        Because the indicator after BYIND does only allow 1 item (such as ONLINE) but with the EXISTS i have to specify the file/path.

Comment

If there was a way to create a SOUND.exe it would be easier,then you wouldn't have to go through RR,AutoNetDetect has an APP TO RUN when connected option,unfortunately i've tried everything i can think of with Playfile but it won't work outside of RR cos you can't specify the wav to play.

I extracted an swf sound file from freedom and replaced the actual wav inside it,now i have an exe but sadly it will only play if i start AutoNetDetect manually,if i let Freedom start it there's no sound.

The 2nd problem with that method is because its an exe it stays open,so now what?

Anyone have a solution??
                          P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Ok here is a modded AutoNetDetect I just did – I guess thats ok to do

Just put a online.wav and offline.wav in the same folder as AutoNetDetectWAV.exe and it will play the wav’s.

It will also do all the other stuff

try and see

see post #22
                            2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Great job!,
                              But the autonetdetect version of yours doesnt change icon in traybar (to RED if offline) and doesnt launch applications also when in on/offline mode using the ini file ?

Comment

Working...
                              X