Girder detection of focus menu screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girder detection of focus menu screen

I'm working on my girder setup and my remote doesn't have to many buttons so it would be really helpful if girder could detect the difference between the audio browser and audio player or any other screen in RR. I've seen it suggested to use 'window name' to be specific for remote commands. I can't find that feature in girder. Is there a 'Child Name' or 'Child Class' that I can use to differentiate the menus in RR? Or is there some other method to achieve what I'm going for here? Thanks!
    Epia M9000, Opus150w,
    512mb, 120hd, Lilliput TS 7in, GPS mouse, IRMan/Pioneer Steering Remote,
    RF keyboard/trackball

If you find out I would love to know here is a great remote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
    Attached Files
    mp3car infill g4

Comment

Originally posted by Zip
      I'm working on my girder setup and my remote doesn't have to many buttons so it would be really helpful if girder could detect the difference between the audio browser and audio player or any other screen in RR. I've seen it suggested to use 'window name' to be specific for remote commands. I can't find that feature in girder. Is there a 'Child Name' or 'Child Class' that I can use to differentiate the menus in RR? Or is there some other method to achieve what I'm going for here? Thanks!
      Just map each button on your remote to execute fixed commands like:

"BTN1" "BTN2" etc...

Then open ExecTBL.INI and set what each button is supposed to execute for EACH screen like:

"BTN1","PLAY",audio_player.skin
      "BTN1","EXIT",audio_browser.skin
      "BTN2","STOP",audio_player.skin
      "BTN2","BACK",audio_browser.skin

and so on... it will take some effort to make it be EXACTLY as you want, but you can most definitely do it..
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
        Just map each button on your remote to execute fixed commands like:

"BTN1" "BTN2" etc...

Then open ExecTBL.INI and set what each button is supposed to execute for EACH screen like:

"BTN1","PLAY",audio_player.skin
        "BTN1","EXIT",audio_browser.skin
        "BTN2","STOP",audio_player.skin
        "BTN2","BACK",audio_browser.skin

and so on... it will take some effort to make it be EXACTLY as you want, but you can most definitely do it..
        I'm working on a setup just like this to use with my remote.
        What i'm trying to do is : scroll and control the playlist (on the audio_player.skin) no matter what control is currently highlighted/selected. I got this (partly) working using the following entry in exectbl.ini:

"TRUST_DOWN","SETPL||SELPL||DOWN",Audio_Player.ski n

Only the problem I have is that this doesn't highlight the playlist. So that leads me to the question of: Is it possible to select/highlight the playlist using a command?
        There ain't no need to cry. Time's up. It's time to die....

Comment

Working...
        X