can RR access the printer port as an input source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can RR access the printer port as an input source

Hi Guino, Can you tell me if it is possible currently or if a function could be incorporated in RR that periodical reads the printer port and if a particular pin is high/low then a configurable action carried out. For example one pint on the printer port could sense the position of the ignition switch and if it goes low then initiate the Hibernate command. Just one example but the creative minds on this forum could I'm sure think of others.

so an intergrated shutdown controller?

Comment

And more. another example. One pin could monitor the car lights and when switched on then reduce the brightness of the menus for night driving.

Comment

good idea.. will require alot of time to code.. but u will need to list the possibilities for this festure.

Comment

i like this idea. i am using my laptop and it does not come with a com port, so i can't use some of the options people have come up with for various things.

Comment

perhaps others could post here with other possibilities. Another comes to mind The hand brake switch could be monitored and cripple certain funtion in RR to comply with laws in different countries.

Comment

Another... Revearse gear could be monitored and switch to rear facing camera...

Comment

Parallel port support is in the to-do list for Guino. We will have to be patient and eventually it will be an option in RR
                The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

they are very good ideas! i would love this function. when i get the source i may try to code this

Comment

could be conected to the door switch so sense when a door it open

and with it conected to the lights and the door, can warn when the laights are left on. (for us with less advanced cars)
                    View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

lol in car printer

Comment

Working...
                      X