Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im a convert from CF - is something like this possible in RR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a convert from CF - is something like this possible in RR?

Well Im taking the plunge and converting from Centrafuse over to RR

Somethng I would find really useful is a way to automatically select and play a random album from my collection by the press of a button
    I would fine this useful at times when Im driving and suddenly run out of queued up music and don't want to be bothered rifling through my lists to find something new (dangerous while driving as well)

Does something like this already exist for RR?
    Can it be done in RR?

Thanks
    2004 G35 Coupe project

I'm not sure about picking a random album but you can have a button load a Winamp playlist.

If you know a little DOS/BAT programming or VB Script programming, this can easily be done.

One new feature in Centrafuse that is very nice, though, is that it can remember the playing position of each playlist so that when you switch, you don't have to start over. I hope someday guino will implement this.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

couldnt you just load your entire music lib into the playlist and turn on random?
      This is what i do
      You can probably even make a button in RR that would allways load the whole music lib and start playing random
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

That would play random songs, not random albums

I only listen to albums in track order
        2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

correct me if im wrong but couldnt you then create or even batch create a m3u file for each album you have and then set rr to load into that dir containg all the m3u that you have just created then set rr to random?

never tried it so i may be wrong
          .______
          | '_ |__\___
          [(o)|___(o)] XB
          ._________
          | I__I I_I|_\__I
          [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception
            correct me if im wrong but couldnt you then create or even batch create a m3u file for each album you have and then set rr to load into that dir containg all the m3u that you have just created then set rr to random?

never tried it so i may be wrong
            I thought of the same thing. It could work, but wouldn't when it loads the first m3u it'd then load all those songs, then what would make it unload all those songs once it played them and then reload all the m3us and play another random m3u?

-arebelspy
            See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
            Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
            i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

aoLhaTer:

I could add this functionality for you, but it's hard for 1 main reason:
              People have different dir structures.

personally, i have a g:\mp3s\ folder, then every folder INSIDE that dir is an album. other ppl have mp3s\rock, or mp3s\bandname, etc.

so you see how it'd be hard to pick a random album when you dont know exactly where the albums are. playing a random .m3u would be much easier, but that'd mean that you have to have a .m3u for each album in the right place.

give me more details...

Comment

I personally have:
                Music\Artist\Album\## - Track.mp3

Doesn't CF have a database type structure for the music library?
                2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

have all your albums saved as album 1.m3u album 2.m3u etc etc one for each album do this with a batch file then have another batch file run on rr start that will randomize these playlists and add them one by one to the master playlist in essence you will have what you want not the cleanest way as it will contain all your albums listed in order of individual mp3s

but how were u planning on changing to next track verses next album there would be no way
                  .______
                  | '_ |__\___
                  [(o)|___(o)] XB
                  ._________
                  | I__I I_I|_\__I
                  [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

well.. the easiest way to do it would be to add a PlayRandomFolder function.

It would go into a random folder starting from your music root folder, and queue up the entire folder if it contains any of the music filetypes specified in rr.ini (mp3, ogg, wav, m3u, etc)

sound about like what you want?

Comment

Originally posted by TheUni

It would go into a random folder starting from your music root folder, and queue up the entire folder if it contains any of the music filetypes specified in rr.ini (mp3, ogg, wav, m3u, etc)

Hey TheUni, if you were planning on adding this feature (it kind of sounds like it), can you also add the option to not do it randomly? ie; it goes into the root of your music lib and picks the first folder, loads all the files inside that folder, you click the button again and it loads the next folder etc. If you have random on, then it does it randomly. This would be awesome (not sure why i didnt bring it up earlier here) and a feature ive been wanting for a very long time. In essence it treats your music lib like a CD Changer, which IMO is nice alternative way to load up albums while in the car.

If possible, the feature (if you code it) should require one button operation. The more buttons needed the harder it is.
                      First button click goes into the root dir and loads up first folder and subfolders, if random is allready on in RR, it loads a random folder. Each additional button press either goes to the next folder from root dir or random if random is on.

I can see myself using this as the primary way i listen to music in the car, unless i wanted to listen to a specific artist or track.

beer replenishment fund
                      mp3car live search

Comment

i dont think that would be too much of a problem. start at the root, and traverse down. inside and out. only opens if it finds a music file. nextdir and prevdir. then randomdir. sound about right?

Comment

aolHater, are you seeing how expandable RR is? I didn't realize there was already so much user modification going on, but after seeing that people are making batch files and vb script files to do sooo much with RR. I think I may be a permanent convert :/ I really want to give David a chance to get things going, but Guino has been so quick to create such a huge "sourceforge-esque" community for his app.
                          replicant
                          Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

Seems reasonable, yes
                            2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

i dont think that would be too much of a problem. start at the root, and traverse down. inside and out. only opens if it finds a music file. nextdir and prevdir. then randomdir. sound about right?

That sounds good to me, my only other concern would be the UI for the features.

Is there a way when this mode is turned on that it can replace the functions or commands of buttons that are allready present? Like i would like to use the UP and Down buttons that are normally used to navigate the list to be nextdir and prevdir. Actually when i think about it, i can use a switchbutton to do this right? Have one button that turns the mode on and also changes the up and down button to be nextdir and predir, thats doable right? I have yet to get the switchbutton to work, so im not sure.

Thanks for working on this, bigtime!!!

beer replenishment fund
                              mp3car live search

Comment

Working...
                              X