• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road runner Ideas (BIG LIST)

Sorry for my bad english

This is a list od idea of features of road runner:

-A botton for recorder the radio fm/xm song in alterantive mp3 directory

-A botton for recorder the tv video in alternative directory

-A simple application for personalize text and posizion botton and the color fonts of road runner.

-Pin code security system for use car pc

-A multi playlist file edit with a road runner skin

-A visual effect whrn push a buttonon monitor (see mediaengine)

-Sound effect selectable when push a botton on monitor

-GPSSECURE SYSTEM INCLUDED in Road Runner!!!

-A multi directory destination for music archive (es. c:\mp3 d:\mp3 e:\mp3) configurable in a road runner configure

-Interface for connects car centraline into pc and view all parameter (remapping ??? Very Hard I think)

-a sensor parking for pc!!!

-Minigames touchscreen in Road Runner skin

-Vocal recorder

-A simple select for use and config external program (see Frodoplayer)

-Image Gallery

-A Timer for record radio/tv programs

-a camera support in road runner skin with a botton for recording with a click, and a button for recorder video max 1 minute in sequence autodelete the file 1 hour old (for eventuality crash car incident!!!)

-multiple camera suport for see in a monitor 2 or plus camera in simultanea

We are build and camera interface for a wirelless camera for visual the death angle in a car (es. when tuo exit at stop and have you got a wall near)

Status 90%

WWWWW ROAD RUNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! BEEp BEEp :-)

I second image gallery

Comment

Most things dont really go fit in the scope of road runner from what I understand of guino's aim... for that you would need external plugins... anyways, see below for my opinion...

Originally posted by sephiroth7
      Sorry for my bad english

RR doesnt play FM radio natively, and so would need to rely on another program to record FM (jbors is working on this)

Same as FM but i dont think anyone is working on this for TV... although DragonBTV's tvplugin does record iirc.

-A simple application for personalize text and posizion botton and the color fonts of road runner.
      What do you mean? RRSkinEditor?

Like StevieG's system? or like the flash that is in some of CDRs skins? (I think it was in FFS skin)

Dont understand exactly

Dont understand exactly

Already possible, I think LS3.0 skin has this, uses an external program but works

Unlikely to be developed inside RR since not most people would use it, and everyone would need the extra code making RR heavier...

-A multi directory destination for music archive (es. c:\mp3 d:\mp3 e:\mp3) configurable in a road runner configure
      Browse.RRL?

-Interface for connects car centraline into pc and view all parameter (remapping ??? Very Hard I think)
      What do you mean? editing RR.ini file remotely? I guess you can use rrconfig on your computer and copy rr.ini over the network?

This requires hardware which doesnt exist at present (There have been quite a few discussions about interfacing the existing distance sensors into usb solutions, afaik all have gone noewher

look at mc2.0 skin

-Vocal recorder
      good idea, just needs an external program and a skin, doesnt rely on road runner. could be made as a plugin

I agree the launchfiles arent as easy as a GUI editor, but I dont add applications regularly, it doesnt bother me.

-Image Gallery
      isnt soemthing like this in the works?

See first 2 questions

-a camera support in road runner skin with a botton for recording with a click, and a button for recorder video max 1 minute in sequence autodelete the file 1 hour old (for eventuality crash car incident!!!)
      I think this exists in some sort of oither software that was publicized here a while ago, youll have to search... i dont remember exactly, but again it shouldnt be inside RR, something like a plugin would be best

plugin?

We are build and camera interface for a wirelless camera for visual the death angle in a car (es. when tuo exit at stop and have you got a wall near)
      Cool, will you release it when you are done? maybe then you can have time to work on all your suggestions and release to the community, since RR is open source, it depends on developers to keep adding features
      Status 90%

Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
        What do you mean? editing RR.ini file remotely? I guess you can use rrconfig on your computer and copy rr.ini over the network?

I think he means OBDII

Comment

oh thats what it is
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            I think he means OBDII
            OBD II can be done wiht the Subaru and Evo's through a Tactrix cable and software can be found at Main Page - OpenECU real live data logs and remapping too cable is about $79 for the cheap one but this will do everything you need
            http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...baruBanner.jpg
            3" Decat turbo back system, K&N, Stage two remap by me. Windows XP carputer and 7" touch Screen running SatNav, Music and Video.. *tracker*

Comment

Originally posted by sephiroth7 View Post
              Sorry for my bad english

-Vocal recorder

-Image Gallery

Status 90%

I hate to say this, but if you have searched a little bit you would have found that with some tweaking (sometimes heavy), probably about 95% of your requests are already possible with RR !!!

If you made your own skin, visit
              The CAR PC NETWORK SKIN PAGE

at the

CAR PC NETWORK

Comment

Originally posted by jeep642 View Post
                I hate to say this, but if you have searched a little bit you would have found that with some tweaking (sometimes heavy), probably about 95% of your requests are already possible with RR !!!

And if you'd looked a bit closer at the date of the first post you would have realised that it is a year and a half ago, when most of those, if not all, were not available.

Comment

YOU ARE confusion master !!!!

I feel so confused right now !!!!

If you made your own skin, visit
                  The CAR PC NETWORK SKIN PAGE

at the

CAR PC NETWORK

Comment

Holy old thread batman!

Comment

Working...
                    X