Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone integrate a calendar/scheduler in RR yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone integrate a calendar/scheduler in RR yet?

Well,

Spent seveal hours looking @tucows.com and download.com for a nice freeware calandar with timers and appointment settings, pop up reminders etc with LARGE fonts and buttons. Some how the OSK would have to integrate with it, and would need a drop down box with common reminders. There is some really nice stuff out there but not small touch screen friendly.

Found lots that have the normal 8pt font, installed about 5 of em but can't change the friggin size of the font or nice finger size buttons.

Reghacker is a little helpful but not completely.

Anyone find a good calander/appt/timer etc that works nice on a 7 inch touch screen?
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

You could very easily write something that uses Outlook objects. Not sure how a car PC would hold up to Outlook though.
    06 Volvo XC90
    Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
    Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Comment

Have you taken a look at "Say the Time" or "Chameleon Clock"?
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

i dont think "say the time" or "chameleon clock" come close to what zip is talking about or what is needed for an incar PIM application.
        I think something that intergrates and uses outlook objects like skippy76 said would be the best route and offer the most options as far as where you can ultimately view your data. The first and most important feature for an incar PIM would be the sync of data, because who wants to imput the data while you are in the car? You just want the car to remind you of important things, and have access to all your pim data but you dont want to be locked into a specific way of creating the data. Thats why outlook should be the method used (if anyone is looking into this).

And if anyone "IS" looking into this, i'll offer to do all the UI work
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Ok, so we need to start gatherring some requirements. What do we want to be able to do?

- Look at my calendar
          - Receive notifications
          - View tasks
          - Synchronize
          06 Volvo XC90
          Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
          Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Comment

Outlook looks good to me
            2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Originally posted by skippy76
              Ok, so we need to start gatherring some requirements. What do we want to be able to do?

- Look at my calendar
              - Receive notifications
              - View tasks
              - Synchronize

i would say the same,
              calendar:
              Its really hard to find a good calendar, or im not looking hard enough. Something so simple seems to be really hard to find in a useable form.

contacts: simple enough, view my contacts that are stored in outlook, in a nice touchscreen interface. Option to call contact and set contact as a destination in GPS would be nice

task:

notes: not sure how many people use the notes in outlook, but i use them all the time. In essence they are just simple txt files. I use them mainly cuz they auto sync with my pda and i can easily copy and past small amounts of data to view later on my pda.

sync and or pull data from the local copy of outlook on the carputer or from a copy of outlook on another computer.

Fully skinable interface!!: otherwise you can just run outlook.

So in a nutshell, i guess what we want is a frontend for outlook that can be embeded into your other frontends (RR)

beer replenishment fund
              mp3car live search

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                I think something that intergrates and uses outlook objects like skippy76 said would be the best route and offer the most options as far as where you can ultimately view your data. The first and most important feature for an incar PIM would be the sync of data, because who wants to imput the data while you are in the car? You just want the car to remind you of important things, and have access to all your pim data but you dont want to be locked into a specific way of creating the data. Thats why outlook should be the method used (if anyone is looking into this).

And if anyone "IS" looking into this, i'll offer to do all the UI work

It's on Skippy's list , thanks guys I think a lot of people would really enjoy your concept.

Would it be possible that the reminder pop up in front of you no matter what skin you were viewing?
                2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                Sound Stage
                Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Yes this would be possible. You'd just need a pop_up.skin similar to phoco call_in.skin
                  mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                  Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                  Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Hmm what about Rainlendar? It's open source and sync's with Outlook?

http://www.ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?p...ect=rainlendar
                    Sound Stage
                    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Anyone every complete this? I was just thinking how could it would be to have a calendar (nice big squares with events showing) then have an OSK to enter events / reminders / etc..
                      Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by tbird2340
                        Anyone every complete this? I was just thinking how could it would be to have a calendar (nice big squares with events showing) then have an OSK to enter events / reminders / etc..
                        Rainlendar is used in my Alpine skins.
                        It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

Wow.. I am getting excited thinking of the possibilities.. I'm actually suprised that more people aren't wanting this.. Imagine if your smartphone which sync's with your exchange server can then sync with your carputer putting your contacts, appt's, etc automatically..

This would be awesome!

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...43&postcount=3

beer replenishment fund
                            mp3car live search

Comment

YUMMY! Does it offer any sync'ing?

Comment

Working...
                              X