Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released: BETA 10

Dear all,

I've put the BETA 10 on my website to download. Remember, this is a BETA.

I've made MAJOR changes to RRConfig as it reached a point where no other controls could be added. The way I've done it now it should make it a bit better for the future.

Also new in this BETA is some extra GPS Volume options from Tim. I've also added a few extra bits and pieces.

I've also added some extra GAMMA stuff. Now the GAMMA settings are configured through RRConfig and are no longer stored in the general.ini of the skin (did not make sense storing them there).

I've also added the ability to have a time to change from day to night and night to day gamma settings.

More info on what is in this BETA is on the website where you can also download the binaries.

http://carpc.harteveldt.com

REMEBER: It is stronly recomended that you run RRConfig prior to running this binary. It is also recommended that you backup your existing binaries before trying these... This is a BETA remember!

I need people to test out the RRConfig to ensure I've not screwed up the loading of existing values and also the saving of values, from my testing it looks ok but need a few more pairs of eyes to look into it (if you only have one eye I'm sure you can still help us out).

I would also like people to try the new in built gamma options, both the GPS Gamma and also the auto time gamma stuff.

Lastly I've made a few mods (with some help from Tim too) to the GPS Volume att functionality. Tim has also merged his functionality too. I think there maybe a problem with my 'Curve' functionality but have not had a chance to test it.

BUGS: Please post any bugs / questions in this thread. Myself and Tim will be making the fixes to this BETA and releasing once those fixes have been made.

Thanks and good luck,

Andrew
    06 Volvo XC90
    Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
    Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

seems on win2k i lost transparency of flash movies i reloaded my original rr.exe and i get it back
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. What was the previous version of RR that you were running?

[Edit]: Seems strange, I just tested it with the default BMV2 skin and I have no problem with the flash transparency. Could you give me more info including your scenario.

Also, please let me know if anyone else has this issue.

Thanks

Andrew
      06 Volvo XC90
      Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR

Comment

Hello,

Great work, skippy76 and tim.

I downloaded the beta 10 and run the rr.config. First I see the settings for gamma control and I miss a button for testing the gamma-settings or a preview how it will looks like. Would it be possible to built in this function?

You wrote:

Indicator's for GPSVOL and GPSGAMMA to show state.

How do they look like? I can´t see anything that shows me if it´s activated or not.

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

Is this a seperate roadrunner build or is this just an update to the rrconfig?

Comment

i was running the 10-30- rls
            .______
            | '_ |__\___
            [(o)|___(o)] XB
            ._________
            | I__I I_I|_\__I
            [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Is Auto day-night skin based switching implemented (not gamma) and how do we activate it.

It would be good if a text file was included which had all the features and command button sysntax in the current version, just like Guino had in his official release.

Other then that, thanks for your time and keep it up.
              The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by tolisn
                Is Auto day-night skin based switching implemented (not gamma) and how do we activate it.
                skippy mentioned in the other thread about the request that it was supposed to be in beta 10 skippy (thanks man )..
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=55497&page=3

I haven't downloaded it yet so I don't know, but check rrconfig.exe for the option to set the times..

-arebelspy
                See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Originally posted by skippy76
                  I've also added the ability to have a time to change from day to night and night to day gamma settings.
                  I love you!!!!!

I'm going to test the BETA 10 tonight. I'll be back with a verdict

Comment

on it now
                    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Indicators working
                      Attached Files
                      2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Hello,

how can I see the indicators? What to do with the skin?

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

You need to put some jpg files in your skin folder and add some stuff to your skin files

samples

My speed indicators in the skin
                          /, I, x, y, w, h, Code;INDICATORCODES
                          I60,9,535,10,10,"GPSVOL"
                          IMG,11,539,4,4,"LED.jpg",ON

My gamma indicators in the skin
                          /, I, x, y, w, h, Code;INDICATORCODES
                          I69,268,292,20,20,"GPSGAMMA:b"
                          IMG,273,297,12,12,"gamma.jpg",ON
                          IMG,273,297,12,12,"gamma off.jpg",OFF

Leds jpg files
                          Attached Files
                          2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Hi,

Thanks a lot. It´s working.

Another idea:
                            red LED: GPSVOL is activated but no GPS signal
                            green LED: GPSVOL is activated with GPS signal

Would this be possible?

Ti-ejtsch

Comment

Thanks. Firstly, I did point out that this is a BETA so was not going go into great detail about how the functionality works. To most I believe it is pretty self explanatory.

Re Gamma test button: I'll try to add this, should not be too difficult.
                              Re Transparent Flash: Does anyone else have this problem.
                              Re GPSVOL and now GPS fix: I'll see if I can also encorporate it into the same indicator.

Basically for those that don't quite understand what this release is... It's a BETA release. It's a pre-release... It's a "may work / may not work, please test".

Once everyone is happy with the functionality and that it works the way we want it to, this will become an official RR release. Why am I doing this?

a) It's open source
                              b) Guino is taking a little time out
                              c) People wanted the functionality I implemented so I went ahead and did it.
                              06 Volvo XC90

Comment

Working...
                              X