Phidgets 8/8/8 in RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phidgets 8/8/8 in RR

I have the phidgets 8/8/8 board and i would like to use, besides the voltage/temp sensors, also the digital io portion, how can i do this in RR ? Also could a level change on a dig. input change say a red circle to a green circle in a skin ?

Jan
    Not doing carpc anymore

Skippy76 added support for controlling the relays... regarding the digital IOs I have no info about it... I've always planned to get my hand on one of them boards to add everything it can do, but never did get one..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

dopehead: If you are able to provide the test for us (i.e. you are responsible for testing) I shall provide the update.

IN theory I guess you may want a digital input to do 1 of two things:

- as an indicator
      - as an action (e.g. if the state changes)

What do you think? Also, Guino, are you ok with me implementing this?
      06 Volvo XC90
      Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
      Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Comment

skippy>certainly i can test this, i have the board on my pc in the house at the moment with the latest RR release right now, and i have implemented voltage and temp readouts in my skin already.
        Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

If you can implement it (have the means to), I'm all for it since I don't have the hardware myself..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Ok,

Dopehead: You need to give me some detailed requirements of what you want.
            06 Volvo XC90
            Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR

Comment

Skippy, ok so what i would really like to see is generic support for the digital io ports of phidgets cards, like the analog sensor inputs via PHIDXX/f2c/volt commands, and then the ability to change the skin graphic according to the state of the input (true/false - on/off) Also controlling the digital output ports would be nice. I'm not sure what kind off info you need more than this, so i did a little screen dump to illustrate what would be nice.

Jan
              Attached Files
              Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

oh, and also i was looking through the source of rr, and can't seem to find the phidgets related stuff, what module is it placed in ?
                Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

look in modRoadRunner in the indicator proc... do a search for phid...
                  06 Volvo XC90

Comment

i found it ok. looks very simple, but somehow it needs some fundamental changes to implement i/o ports, now of course i have not seen the source for the relay functionality you have implemented yet, could be you did most of the work already :-)
                    Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

nope, should be pretty easy....
                      06 Volvo XC90

Comment

sounds good, let me know when you have something for me to test.

Jan
                        Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Skippy, i actually fooled around with my new mini joystick from phidgets yesterday and did a little piece of code thats lets you use the joystick as a mouse :-) maybe you can use it for something RR related ?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64518
                          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Skippy, I actually have digital input working in RR now, i just need to figure out where to place initialization of the interfacekit and the OnChange events for input updating, also currently its just statically linked to input number 1 on the card,and with a skin command of PHIO this of course should be done like the temp sensors....PHID01,PHID02 i am thinking PHIDIN01,PHIDIN02 and so on for the Indicator commands.
                            Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Got it working for all 8 digital inputs now, starting with the outputs tomorrow i think, i got my amps connected to the card and working :-)
                              Attached Files
                              Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X