Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppressing the loader screen status reports?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppressing the loader screen status reports?

Well here we go again.
    Is there any way to make the loader screen not report what it is doing until roadrunner loads. My loader screen reports that it is “starting winamp”. I do not have any commands in my loader.skin file.
    The road is long but we are getting there.

I've read that there's a way of turning the splash screen off,wouldn't that suit your needs better? Have a look around the subjects been covered by guino and others in some depth.

Here's the link :http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=banner
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

It has come to my attention that I can turn off the splash screen, but its not the splash screen I talking about, it's the loader screen that loads in front off RR until RR loads in the background. I want this loader screen in order to hide my desktop until RR has finished loading. What I don't want is the status messages that this loader screen shows. Is there any way to remove these messages.

Comment

You can make a custom splash screen, and then simply not place the label for the status messages in it ... some skins use this custom loader screen freature.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino I'm also using the custom loader screen feature but I still get the status messages. I do not have anything in my loader skin file apart from the name of the image.

MEDIACAR Skin
          MEDIACAR (800x600)"loader" Skin
          loader_off.jpg,loader_OFF.jpg,loader_off.jpg,loade r_off.jpg

END

Comment

Then add a label for the status, and set it's Y position to something like -100 ... and it wont show..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks Guino
              I added "status" label with a 0 pixel size and now it does not show

Comment

YOu guys see, now that's why Guino is the king!
                06 Volvo XC90
                Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
                Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skippy76
                  YOu guys see, now that's why Guino is the king!
                  Does that make you the queen

Just messing with you. Anyways, I need some RR help. Its probably been answered but i cant find it and i stumbled onto this thread so here it goes.

How do you get the controlls to supress on a custom skin with an embeded aplication. I have my tv tunner embeded into a skin file but I wanted the controlles to go away like in video_player skin. or gps skin. All i did was copy the video_player skin and modify it with an aplication tag. Will this not work.
                  Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Originally posted by pRoFiT
                    Does that make you the queen

Just messing with you. Anyways, I need some RR help. Its probably been answered but i cant find it and i stumbled onto this thread so here it goes.

How do you get the controlls to supress on a custom skin with an embeded aplication. I have my tv tunner embeded into a skin file but I wanted the controlles to go away like in video_player skin. or gps skin. All i did was copy the video_player skin and modify it with an aplication tag. Will this not work.
                    I'd like to know as well. I'd like to have my playlist editor pop-up upon button press at the audio_browser screen to maximize the real estate.
                    CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                    Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                    DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                    OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                    Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                    500+ full albums
                    4,000+ video games
                    music videos, movies, & more!
                    old carPC

Comment

Originally posted by tolisn
                      Thanks Guino
                      I added "status" label with a 0 pixel size and now it does not show
                      Actually, taking care of the status still leaves the version date (RRVER). This has been posted in other places in parts, but here's the final skin file:
                      MEDIACAR Skin
                      MEDIACAR (800x600)"loader" Skin
                      loader.jpg,loader.jpg,loader.jpg,loader.jpg
                      L,-100,-100,1,1,255,255,255,30,"Arial","STATUS","STATUS"
                      L,-100,-100,1,1,255,255,255,30,"Arial","RRVER","RRVER"
                      END
                      pRoFIT:
                      Originally posted by pRoFIT
                      Don't know why stumbling onto this thread is relevant, seems like a new thread to me.
                      Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

Working...
                      X