Quick RR Speed-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick RR Speed-up

i notice there seems to be a lot of speak of roadrunner slowing down lately,it seems ok to me but if its slowing down on your machine try this : right click on media player and select properties,you'll notice the path is "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1,COPY> /prefetch:1<and paste it onto the end of roadrunners programs ie:"C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe" /prefetch:1"
    "C:\Program Files\PhoneControl.NET" /prefetch:1". These programs will now load much faster than they used. An oldy but a goody.
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Originally posted by pRoFiT
    Looks like bad paste commands. Try your post again.

All he's saying is add /prefetch:1 on the end of your filepaths (in rrconfig.exe I guess)

-arebelspy
    See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
    Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
    i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

interesting, i did not know this. will try it later
      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Let me make myself a bit clearer,Media player 9 is a bit lazy,so microsoft sped things up by adding( /prefetch:1)to the file path. open your start menu,select any program that RR uses,ie:"C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe" and make it:"C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\MapMonkey.exe" /prefetch:1". windows will now add this program to its prefetch folder making it a little quicker to access. just try it,it works i promise.
        P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Well then theoretically you should be able to add that to RR itself so that if you're in the regular explorer shell and launch RR it will load faster, no?

-arebelspy
          See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
          Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
          i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

yeah it works for most programs but not all,if you do this and then your chosen program won't launch just change it back,i've added this to RR,MM and Phoco and it works like a charm. The difference is quite noticable.

Comment

I have been using the feature way before RR exist. MediaCar remember?
              Basically if you want the app to load faster, add the switch to any shortcut to the program. But the problem is if all programs you want to run have the switch, then windows will take forever to load because it also process all the apps in prefetch folder.

To speed up RR itself modify RR shortcut in the target field from "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\rr.exe"
              To
              "C:\Program Files\Road Runner\rr.exe" /prefetch:1
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
              X