Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading a winamp plugin into a RR Skin (DFX)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading a winamp plugin into a RR Skin (DFX)

Is it possible to load a winamp plugin into a skin with no .exe? I have resized the winamp DFX skin to 800x600 so it is more touch screen friendly.

Class Name: DFX_WINDOW
    Caption: DFX 7.5 Winamp

but it runs a .dll

I would also like to expand on this like the lyrics plug in etc.
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

now thats a good idea.. my girlfriend would sure wasnts this feature!!!
    Been playing around with it and have to say it really rocks!

Comment

Could you Post your 800x600 Skin for DFX?
      2+2=Quattro

Audi S6 2.2 Turbo

RNS-E Headunit
      Helix HX400=AXTON Amp
      Audi Doorspeakers and 15" JBL in Sparewheel Hole
      19" Alutec Alloys, ABT-Silencer, FK-Suspension

Comment

Will do as soon as I get home from work. It is the standard DFX skin for winamp but much larger.

Any ideas on how to integrate it into RR?
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Why do you want to? I use DFX but have the settigs done and have it minimized so I never see it. I guess you constantly change the settings?

-arebelspy
          See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
          Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
          i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

I believe what you want to do is EMBED the plugin's window onto RR. This can be done but depends on the plugin. And you'd have to find a way to start it (bring it up) when you need it. As long as you have a defined window title, it should work.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
              Why do you want to? I use DFX but have the settigs done and have it minimized so I never see it. I guess you constantly change the settings?

-arebelspy
              DFX works well at low volume, I have 1100 watts running 2 amps. So I like using DFX when the music is low it gives a more full sound, but at ear bleed volume it will cause distortion, so you are correct I adjust it a lot.
              Sound Stage
              Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Here is the link to the 800x600 DFX skin. I have disabled the help and DFX logo link to the website as there is no need for either.

http://www.savefile.com/files/9269470
                Sound Stage
                Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  I believe what you want to do is EMBED the plugin's window onto RR. This can be done but depends on the plugin. And you'd have to find a way to start it (bring it up) when you need it. As long as you have a defined window title, it should work.
                  Thanks G,

I have the windows name, I am used to embedding stuff with a program .exe. in my first post I have windows and class names but in the embed FAQ it does not show you how to do this when there is no .exe file to embed
                  Sound Stage
                  Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

If there's no EXE, you just have to set the window name on the LOAD command and if RR finds it, it will embed it. This would actually be similar to what happens with normal Vis plugins, you can easily specify the VIS name on the LOAD command for the audio player, and when you press the command to start visualization, RR would find the window and embed it.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                    X