New XM channels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New XM channels

There are several new( i guess they are new) channels that xm has for Holiday music. (103-109) Will RR automatically add these channels? How can i add them to my lineup? thanks

There is a file called XMCACHE.INI that you can edit and add the channels manually. Idealistically, there's a RELOAD button in RR's skin that should load your line up of channels from the receiver -- this has been reported to be somewhat flaky. I don't have a working XM receiver anymore, so it'd be very hard for me to "fix" that, but you still can try it (used to work for me).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

speaking of which...
      i noticed on xm radio online, there are some new stations on 300-309.
      There pretty good for being AOL radio.
      its got new rock, hip hop, pop, indie, and a 1 hit wonders channel.

does the same go for RR on these high number channels?
      Mercedes Benz CLK 430

Comment

As far as I know the channels on XM receivers are limited up to 255 ... there's no limitation as far as RR is concerned. If the Device supports it, it should list them anyway. This is instead of the Sirius receivers which are hardcoded to map only up to channel 255.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo
          speaking of which...
          i noticed on xm radio online, there are some new stations on 300-309.
          There pretty good for being AOL radio.
          its got new rock, hip hop, pop, indie, and a 1 hit wonders channel.

does the same go for RR on these high number channels?

The AOL stations are only for online listening. I did put an updated XMCACHE.INI file up there and I make this file readonly so it doesn't get messed up. Even if it's readonly RR is still naming my Christmas stations appropriately. It will not show the Christmas station right at startup but when the channel music list updates the station name is updated as well.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61144

Chuck

Comment

The Christmas stations are actually pre-existing stations. XM just created 'duplicate' channels in the recievers so they could group all of them together. But if you look around the dial, they're using the bandwidth of other channels.

Comment

Working...
            X