Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with embedded video player (MPC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with embedded video player (MPC)

Hello,

I have a problem with the embedded video player (MPC). When I play a video via a RR skin the CPU usage rises to almost 100% and the video plays very choppy. Even when I exit the video player and continue playing a Mp3 in the main menu the CPU usage stays very high (almost 100%). The CPU usage drops only when I exit RR.

Strange thing is when I play the same video with MPC outside the skin, the CPU usage is about 60%, and immediate drops to 0% when I quit MPC.

How can I solve this?
    Hardware: Via Epia M10000, 512MB DDR RAM, 3,5" 40 Gig HD, slimline DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW, M1-ATX (PSU).
    Software: Roadrunner, Mapmonkey/Freedrive

My Car PC project
    FD & MM voices

Nobody?
    Hardware: Via Epia M10000, 512MB DDR RAM, 3,5" 40 Gig HD, slimline DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW, M1-ATX (PSU).

My Car PC project
    FD & MM voices

Comment

try checking the BUILT-IN video option in RRConfig.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

It is checked.

I tried another (older and newer) version of MPC, but they all cause the same problems.

My Car PC project
        FD & MM voices

Comment

if the built-in option is checked MPC is not used at all, you can even remove it and it won't make a difference. then I'd try unchecking it to see ... most likely you've got something screwed up with a codec/filter... I have seen this happen with some versions of the ffdshow codec.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

THNX Guino, it seems to work now.

Which version of WMC do you recommend? In full screen mode the movies are not played correctly, it looks like the left part of the screen is displayed on the right side and the right side of the screen is display on the left side. I canít even make a screen shot of it, thatís why I have such a bad photo of it (made it with my phone).

My Car PC project
            FD & MM voices

Comment

its definetally a codec issue.

Comment

When I change the display mode to '-2.35:1' the movie is displayed correctly, all other modes didn't work correct.

I tried another codec (K-Lite) and I also updated the video driver. It seems that the problem is solved now.

Thnx for the help.

My Car PC project
                FD & MM voices

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
                  When I change the display mode to '-2.35:1' the movie is displayed correctly, all other modes didn't work correct.

I tried another codec (K-Lite) and I also updated the video driver. It seems that the problem is solved now.

Thnx for the help.
                  Download Gspot (Google it) It's a tool which you can use to check your avi's & mpg's to see which codecs they need.

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaICE
                    its definetally a codec issue.

Is it?

My lilli does this to any displayed screen after a power interuption to the LCD, and when resuming from standby to RR. But it flashed between that and normal like once a second, but it seems to stop when I close RR

Looks like its getting a re-build when I have a night or two spare
                    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                    X