No announcement yet.

Before I start a skin, can RR do this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I start a skin, can RR do this?

Before I invest my time in learning how to skin RR I want to know if one of my main objects is actually possible.

In the media (video and audio) screen I want to have two columns. One on the left that shows folders, one on the right that shows the files in the folder that is selected. eg album- songs

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Jamie

no
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

why's it no? Cant he just alter the audio_browse.skin?
      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

What?? No?? Not really the answer I was hoping for.

Comment

OK, I don't usually use winamp on my PC. But playing around with it I can make it do basically what I want.

Am I correct in assuming if it can be done in winamp it can be done in RR? As RR just displays the info from the desired winamp window??

Comment

^ not entirely.

Search for "directory browsing", it's probably the closest thing to what you're looking for.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i tried that with my skin back when i started it basicly what i got was the directories on the left and the right was the playlist
              2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
                i tried that with my skin back when i started it basicly what i got was the directories on the left and the right was the playlist
                I thought thats what he's looking for. Click the directory, click load.. and the contents of that directory show up on the right column.
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
                  Hmm, that's maybe what he wants. I'm not sure.

Comment

the real answer is yes and no

you can have a dir list on one side and the playlist (currently loaded playlist) on the other side. But as you browse through the dir list, the playlist will not update to the currently browsed dir untill you actually load that dir as the playlist.
                    It dosent work like frodoplayer i miss that feature. IMO frodo still has the fastest method of browseing & loading media. If the two methods of media browseing were combined (frodo&RR) it would cover every possible way to control your media.
                    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Thats kinda what I was after, but I wanted the contents of the folder to update as I select a new folder(album). Don't want to have to load the list each time.

Frodo is something I haven't explored as it isn't just an .exe that I can download and run. Might have to go explore the forod forums..

Playing with Centrafuse also. Seems to kinda do the same thing.

Comment

you CAN make RR auto-load the playlist when you select a directory, you just need to add a setting in ExecTBL.INI:

"ONDIRCLICK","!SELECT"

There's a whole thread where RoyN requests/discusses/talks about it.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thanks guino. I had contacted RoyN, but I get no reply.

I also did a search for this thread, but came up empty handed. Any chance you can give me another clue?

I'm no skin guru, so the more I can borrow from someones skin the better.

Cheers
                          Jamie

Comment

"ONDIRCLICK","!SELECT"
                            That would work. However, if you're listening to a song, it'll switch to another song in the new folder you just clicked on.

Comment

Hey WIlson, I think this is the thread that G was telling you about

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...2ONDIRCLICK%22
                              Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                              Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                              I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                              Please help.

Comment

Working...
                              X