Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hibernate wakeup todo list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hibernate wakeup todo list

    I start everyday with my hibernated carpc waking up when the car starts. I know that RR can do certain things when RR starts up, but is there a way to do things when it wakes up from hibernate, already running?

    For instance, here are 2 examples. every morning, I'd like it to do 2 things...
    1. run the flash made by DiNASTY in mauri's thread,
    2. run the weather refresh command to pull the latest weather off the net.

    I know for #2 I can hit the "refresh" button, but I'm looking for a slightly more automatic procedure.
    You know you want to...Worklog
    Enjoying v1.0 since it's operational. Aaaawww yeah.
    Specs: Opus120; Epia M10k; 700IDT; GlobalSat BR-355; iGuidance 2.1 & IGMod; XM; Custom case.
    Witty one-liners currently quoted by (0001) mp3car.com forum member sigs.

  • #2
    There are other programs besides RR that can run files (or batch files/vb scripts if you want multiple things done) - search some common key words and you'll find some quickly (resume suspend hibernate run program, etc)

    -arebelspy
    See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
    Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
    i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

    Comment


    • #3
      I was going to use the ONRESUME command to trigger mauri's flash movie. It should also do the weather update too if I'm understanding it correctly. Try adding this to the ExecTBL.ini

      "ONRESUME","RELOADWEATHER"
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy Benjamin Franklin

      Comment


      • #4
        DiNASTY, that's brilliant! But...

        I found there is a precedence problem. When the computer wakes up, RR comes on, and I assume immediatetly carries out the instructions. Problem is, it takes about 30 seconds for my network to realize it's supposed to wake up & connect. So I'm not connected for like 30 seconds after wakeup.

        I don't know if that's my XP, my network setup, or a wakeup issue (I haven't done my homework yet). I wonder if there's a...(searches skincommands.txt).
        Look what I found:
        Code:
        /, (TMR) Timer event
        /, Seconds
        TMR,XXX
        
        The above defines the number of seconds after loading the screen RR will wait to
        execute the "TIMER" event that can be defined in ExecTBL.INI so a command is executed at such time.
        But I'm not sure how to get it to work. Does this code need to be in a skin?
        What goes in exectbl.ini?

        Conceivably, I could put the command in my menu.skin, and have a code in exectbl.ini like this to switch to menu.skin every resume:
        "ONRESUME","MENU"
        You know you want to...Worklog
        Enjoying v1.0 since it's operational. Aaaawww yeah.
        Specs: Opus120; Epia M10k; 700IDT; GlobalSat BR-355; iGuidance 2.1 & IGMod; XM; Custom case.
        Witty one-liners currently quoted by (0001) mp3car.com forum member sigs.

        Comment


        • #5
          the command to load menu.skin is MAIN, and RR doesn't re-load a skin that is already the current one so you'd have to load a new screen. in any case, I'm implementing an ONLINE event that will allow you to execute a command like reload weather when the network becomes live, so you'd not have to do any funky stuff.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

          "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

          Comment


          • #6
            Sweet! I'll wait then.
            *uses the time wisely to go make a donation to guino*
            You know you want to...Worklog
            Enjoying v1.0 since it's operational. Aaaawww yeah.
            Specs: Opus120; Epia M10k; 700IDT; GlobalSat BR-355; iGuidance 2.1 & IGMod; XM; Custom case.
            Witty one-liners currently quoted by (0001) mp3car.com forum member sigs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by guino
              the command to load menu.skin is MAIN, and RR doesn't re-load a skin that is already the current one so you'd have to load a new screen. in any case, I'm implementing an ONLINE event that will allow you to execute a command like reload weather when the network becomes live, so you'd not have to do any funky stuff.
              Sounds perfect

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DiNASTY
                I was going to use the ONRESUME command to trigger mauri's flash movie. It should also do the weather update too if I'm understanding it correctly. Try adding this to the ExecTBL.ini

                "ONRESUME","RELOADWEATHER"
                I have test this string for my custom indicator by DiNASTY:

                "ONRESUME","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.skin;cinture.swf "

                EDIT:"cinture" its the name of the flash indicator , but don't work after the resume.

                I use start automatically the "GPS" as before application of defaut .

                Help

                Mauri

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mauri
                  I have test this string for my custom indicator by DiNASTY:

                  "ONRESUME","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.skin;cinture.swf "

                  EDIT:"cinture" its the name of the flash indicator , but don't work after the resume.

                  I use start automatically the "GPS" as before application of defaut .

                  Help

                  Mauri
                  Another test with :

                  "ONSUSPEND","MAIN"
                  "ONRESUME","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.SKIN"

                  But don't work ...

                  Any suggestion ?

                  Thanks

                  Mauri

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X