mapping keyboard shortcuts to buttons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mapping keyboard shortcuts to buttons

Can keypresses be mapped to buttons in skins ?

Today my mouse batteries went duff so I was stuck, bit hard to drive and change radios stations etc with a dicky mouse.

I ran skin editor and looked in the skins folder at the files but see no button mappings.

So, how can I do it, then I can add some extra buttons to my SWC etc
    Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Look at keytbl.ini in your road runner folder
    It lets you map any keys to any skin commands

Comment

Yep look at the keytbl.ini. Since I don't have a touch screen, all my controls are done through keypresses passed from my Rumblepad or Bruno Speech. There is a key programm in the RR directory that will tell you the key values.

Comment

but it dont work all the time...........

IE (using bmv2 skin)

crsr left right to get to exit, press enter, up pops the shutdown menu, csr keys now do nothing.......

I suppose I'm just missing something simple here, I'm used to the competing frontend so I'm probably not thinking the right way yet.....

Comment

No, you can make keys to do specifix tasks, ... i.e, an example keytbl.ini

27,"CANCEL"
          33,"PGUP"
          34,"PGDOWN"
          2037,"RRPREV"
          2039,"RRNEXT"
          2070,"SEARCHLIST"
          145,"PLAY"

this maps specific keys to the skin commands, use keycode.exe in your roadrunner folder to find out the codes for each keypress. I use the numberpad keys mapped to my steering controls, my keytbl.ini looks like:

104,"RRNEXT"
          101,""RRPREV"
          98,"VOL+"
          96,"VOL-"

which is 8,5,2,0 on my number pad and up, down, left, right on my steering control.

Hope this helps.

Comment

no, your missing the point, I am only needing 3 keys for testing, left right and enter, those are already set in keytbl.ini as the defaults, and seem to work on all screens etc so my problem is 99% solved.

But what I said was they dont work on the shutdown menu even when defined in keytbl.

does a list of command exist etc

ie vol+,vol- the example ini file only lists about 6

and this way involves lots of keypresses, IE to go from music(on main screen) to dvd takes 3 presses of 'csr right' then 'enter' I am looking for a way to define a hotkey IE F10 to go straight to DVD, thats only 1 keypress

Comment

Working...
            X