Video and Music player size too large

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video and Music player size too large

Hello, I finally got my dashboard resolution size to my liking, however now when I launch either music or videos the menu size is too small vertically, and too large horizontally. (This is a screenshot of it, this is exactly how it looks on my screen, as you can see, its tough for me to touch the buttons on the right) Anyhelp or suggestions would be appreciated, thx.

Look into the General.ini file in your skin folder.
    There are 2 settings.

OriginalWidth=800
    OriginalHeight=600
    ShowWidth=800
    ShowHeight=600

Now set your ShowHeight and ShowWidth to your screen resolution.

Comment

Yes, i changed both of them (my orig and show width) to 800 x 600 and the dashboard and video look fine. But, as you can see above, its the right control buttons that always are about 70% off the screen. thx for the quick reply

Comment

you should NEVER change the ORIGINAL width/height -- unless you resized all the IMAGES of the skin (unlikely here).. only change the SHOW width/height to match your resolution.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Ok, I see how the whole sizing system works, however, the buttons still are 70% or so missing. Did I configure the thing wrong? I am running 800x600 res w/ a xenarc 7" touchscreen lcd. thx

Comment

lol,
            im sorry im not laughing AT you, just the fact at how many times this keeps comeing up over and over again. Despite the numerous references to this topic in an ungodly number of threads.

@guino
            is there anyway u can modify this feature to simplify it or something so this topic stops comeing up. I think the choice for original and show res is throwing people off cuz each time people change both of them. Maybe RR can look at the res of the background image for menu.skin and use that for the original width & height and only have the show width and height in the general.ini file. That way there is only one option and less chance to screw it up.
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

still won't "fix" the issue with the show settings. The only way to bullet proof this is to make an "auto" option where RR would auto-detect the original size AND auto-set the show size to match the screen's resolution.
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
              X