Help With Road Runner....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Road Runner....

I'd like to start this thread off by saying YES I have read all the FAQ's! I spent the better part of 5 hours doing NOTHING BUT READING. I am tryingto load road runner and set it up as my front end with NO LUCK. If there is anyone willing to help I would really appreciate it.

I'm willing to help you, but You've gotta give me something to go on... Did you install RR, from where? How did you install it? What is going wrong? When you click on RR.exe what happens? Is there an error message?
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to help.

I downloaded RR from the RR Site. I used the "dummy proof" version that walks you through it. Installshield.

Soon as I click on it I get a message that says C:yada yada yada / does not contain a valid skin. Check your settings and try again

Comment

look in c:yada yada yada skins\ and see if you have a folder called brushmetalhonda

if so then look in it and see if it has a file called

general.ini

if so then open general.ini and see if it looks like

Code:
        [General]
        OriginalWidth =800
        OriginalHeight=600
        ShowWidth =800
        ShowHeight =600
        XPosition =0
        YPosition =0

[Gamma]
        ApplyToVideo =False
        ApplyToVisu =False
        AutoSwitch =False
        DayTime =8:00:00 AM
        NightTime =6:00:00 PM
        GammaDayRed =1
        GammaDayGreen =0
        GammaDayBlue =0
        GammaNightRed =-40
        GammaNightGreen =-40
        GammaNightBlue =-40

if you don't have that folder, file or it doesn't look like that then you need to go to guino's site and download the brushmetalhonda skin or download any other skin, run rrconfig and point the dayskin to the skin you have just downloaded, remember you need to unzip the skin to the skin folder.

Comment

Only thing in skins is a folder thats labeled

C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\BMV2

IN my config file for skins it says: C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\BMV2\slider_battery\

Comment

Just downloaded your idrive skin and unzipped it to my "skins" folder. Which item goes into my RR Confing ???

Comment

Originally posted by BADEVO
              Only thing in skins is a folder thats labeled

C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\BMV2

IN my config file for skins it says: C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\BMV2\slider_battery\

change that to C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\BMV2\

Comment

Originally posted by bad-at-this
                change that to C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\BMV2\

Sweet deal! That worked.

Just for future reference, when I download a skin, what command goes into my skin path in RR Config?

Comment

Just downloaded your idrive skin and unzipped it to my "skins" folder. Which item goes into my RR Confing ???
                  when you run rrconfig, where it says skin if you click on the file path it will bring up a browse dialog, browse to road runner\skins\iDrive so that

C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Skins\iDrive\

appears in the box, then click save

Comment

You guys are great man. It's people like you that make this forum succesful and I appreciate it.

Comment

You guys are great man. It's people like you that make this forum succesful and I appreciate it.
                      Its people like you who actually did try first on your own that make us want to help, as well.
                      Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                      Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                      I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                      Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by J187
                        Its people like you who actually did try first on your own that make us want to help, as well.

Comment

I been on here non stop for like 2 weeks. I am not the most computer savy person so alot of what you guys discuss flies over my head BIG TIME. Feel kinda dumb at times asking noob type questions so I try and look first. Get's me in trouble sometimes though.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that HONDA emblem in this skin and add a mitsubishi one.....Any ideas?

Comment

I been on here non stop for like 2 weeks. I am not the most computer savy person so alot of what you guys discuss flies over my head BIG TIME. Feel kinda dumb at times asking noob type questions so I try and look first. Get's me in trouble sometimes though.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that HONDA emblem in this skin and add a mitsubishi one.....Any ideas?
                            You just have to rename/replace the logo.swf file in the skin folder with the logo of your choice. There's a whole "sticky" thread about it, with logos to download and such. I'm glad you've read all the FAQs and such, sill I'll suggest you to always search before posting (specially for questions like this one).. it will save both you and the community a lot of time.
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Will do, and I feel dumb, cuz I just read that thread. My apologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X